Blood is a Lot Thicker Than You'd Think It'd Be

I was standing by Luciano, in his home. Just being near him made me feel guilty. At the moment, only a single man that served under Luciano knew of this incident. The man, who's name he refused to give to me, was tending to Luciano's wounds.

I could tell he really didn't like me, because he respected Luciano. However angry he was, he didn't speak, and neither have I.

I just guiltily stood here.

...And I'm scared. I'm so, so scared. I shouldn't be, and it's selfish of me to be like this, but I'm scared of Luciano waking up.

He's going to ask questions, that's what I know for sure... And he's probably going to be furious, as well as in pain.

God... How am I going to deal with this steadily? I've never acted so sensitively in my life! And I'm trying to aim for a straight face?

Not to mention... After all of his reactions and questions... I'm still going to have to ask him for something more.

- - -

~ A FEW HOURS LATER

I awoke to a spinning room, which held one more person other than myself. After the room stilled, I took my time to look around. It was my bedroom, and a girl resting her head by my bedside. A glance at her features alerted me that it was Reiko.

She was not asleep, just staring blankly at the other side of the room.

To get her attention, I slowly nudged by hand against her forehead. My tactic worked, and she instantly looked up at me. Her eyes were full of emotions, so many emotions. When she met my eyes, it was as if she was about to cry.

However, neither of us moved. We were still and at a loss for words. Rather, only I was. She was opening her mouth to speak.

"I'm sorry."

Was all she said. I wasn't sure how to reply. What good would "Oh, It's fine!" do? And it wasn't fine to me, either. At least, not without an explanation.

Tired of waiting, and afraid what silence would do, I spoke my mind. "Could you just explain what happened?" She nodded almost immediately, completely prepared.

- - -

~   ~   ~

- - -

Telling him this whole confusing story, it was a lot of work. It sounds silly when you say "I was afraid of myself, so I made two personalities," but that was all I could do.

Luciano wasn't furious, but he wasn't jumping for joy either. He often comments on his painful side, and he keeps me in this room with him all day, with a servant to bring in food.

But... I'm fine with all of it. Well, after what I've done, of course... But I wouldn't care despite the circumstance. It's Luciano, after all.

I've had a lot of time to think, too. Mostly, it was about the bathroom. After explaining my situation to Luciano, he explained his. The reason for the bathroom.

He fell in love, and got rejected after telling his love who he was. He thought she would accept, but he was wrong.

And he got angry. Really, really angry.

- - -

The rest should be easy to figure out. The similarities between the bodies, the difference in ages. It's a family. You see, Luciano can't contain his anger very well. That is why you should not piss him off.

But one girl managed to tame him, however slightly, and maybe just escape his anger.

And both Italians, living lives full of oddities, may just have a future. They're both immature, and both young.

They also both know something very, very well.

Blood is a lot thicker than you'd think it would be.