Chapter 2: A Dog of the Military

Age: 11
A/N- Don't play the music yet. It will have a time. I'll tell you when you can :)

It had been two years since the three of you had committed the taboo. The brothers knew that you had lost your voice in the act, thus making you and Ed always carry paper and a writing utensil so that you could communicate. Most of the time, you would use hand gestures, but for those times that the movements were too vague you would write down what you wanted to say.

Ed had become a State Alchemist at the age of twelve. He has been one for a year now. During the course of this year, you have also thought about becoming one yourself. You found out by reading all the Alchemy books that Ed and Al had, you had one of the rarest types of Alchemy.

You were a Light Alchemist. You could make things using light, seemingly creating things out of thin air. But, you weren't. You would use the light around you to create these objects, still following the laws of Equivalent Exchange. Since you had also seen the Truth, you could make stone structures like Ed.

You thought you would be more than qualified to become a State Alchemist.

During one evening, you decided to tell Ed and Al about your decision on becoming a State Alchemist.

You tapped Ed and Al, getting their attention.

"Yeah?" Ed replied.

"I want to become a State Alchemist." you wrote.

"WHAT?!" the two boys said in sync.

You tapped the paper, giving the impression that you were repeating yourself.

Ed ran his hand through his hair. "Well, you are really young to take this examination. Hell, they thought I was crazy for taking it. But, if you want to, I guess it's okay...."

You smiled and did a little dance to express your feelings.

So, you practiced using your Alchemy and fine tuning your combat skills to the point where you could almost beat Al.

Almost. He still beat you and Ed.

Finally, it was the day to take the State Alchemy Certification Tests. You were prepared and ready to become a State Alchemist.

First it was the exam. You passed. I'm just going to skip the details of the two test. The combat I will not skip :)

Next the interview. You passed this as well, having to write everything out.

Last, it was time to demonstrate your Alchemic abilities. The colonel who was helping manage the tests decided to put you in a fight.

Play music :) Sorry if it doesn't really match. I couldn't think of any other songs.

"Hello, Y/N."

You nodded in greeting. He understood the situation you were in.

"To demonstrate your Alchemic abilities, we have decided to put you in combat against one of our top Alchemists."

"Alright, who is this Alchemist?" you wrote down.

"The Fullmetal Alchemist, Edward Elric."

You didn't write anything else after that. You just nodded and the colonel walked away.

So, I'm fighting Ed...

I'm gonna kick his ass.

You stepped into the ring and saw Ed and Al. Ed looked shocked, but you gave him the look, giving him the notion that his ass was going down in flames.