Chapter 6: Light Up

(Your POV)

Lust, Envy, Gluttony. The three who took my left arm. The three who just made a big mistake. They will die, and it will be by my hands. I will kill them all. I want to make them feel pain, make them feel what I feel, what Al feels, what all of us feel when they stab us. When they take away a piece of us...

They aren't human. They don't know what it means to feel pain, love, sorrow, happiness. They don't know any of it. 

I fucking hate them! I want them to all die!!

(Al's POV)

Was Barry right? Am I not real? Is this what brother wanted to tell me? All my memories are fake, that what I feel for Y/N is just an illusion. Brother should have told me...

Brother wanted someone to be with so bad. He was lonely, especially after his father left and his mother died. Not my dad, not my mom. Everything I feel is just a fabricated piece of Alchemy. Maybe the real reason why his limbs are missing is what he wanted to tell me too.

Everything I know is just one big lie.

(3rd Person POV)

Laboratory 5 changed you and Al's perspectives on what you know. Al believed that he was never real and you realized that all of the homunculi are cruel bastards. But you kept your mind on Al during your hardships and times of sorrow. You knew he was real. You grew up with him, for God's sake! You knew him when he had a body.

He is real.

You noticed Al's peculiar behavior ever since you were allowed visitors. He was actually the first to visit you, and you were glad about it. The first person you got to see was the one who made you happy, who kept you going.

When he had walked in, you immediately knew something was wrong. You had asked him what it was, but he was more worried about you. Still, you knew something wasn't right, and you needed to know.

Once you were allowed to walk around, you had accidentally overheard one of Al's conversations with himself. You had first caught an upset tone and you had noticed it was Al's voice. "Maybe that's what brother wanted to tell me. That I'm not real!" He then broke a mirror on accident. He thinks he's not... real. 

You had to walk away quickly from where Al was so that you didn't look suspicious. "Oh, hey Y/N."

You waved. "You shouldn't be walking around so much. Maybe you should go lay down..." You did a quick nod, then headed back to your room.

Ed had called Winry, telling her what had happened to you. She immediately gathered materials to make the arm and booked a train ticket to Central. She was extremely worried about you. After all, you were the youngest out of you, Ed, and Al.  

When Winry got there, she immediately found Ed and told him to go to your room. Everyone could tell she was extremely worried and close to tears. Ed had led you to your room, where you were lying in bed with bandages on your left stub. Winry broke down at the sight of you. Such a young girl, yet she has gone through what no man would ever want to.

"Don't cry, Winry." you wrote down. You showed the paper to Ed and he tapped Winry. She looked up and saw the paper. She took it. "I can't, Y/N. You've already gone through so much at such a young age." She said. You began to write again.

"Light up, light up,

"As if you have a choice,

" Even if you cannot hear my voice."

You started crying a bit, your tears dripping onto the paper. Winry gently grabbed the paper out of your hands and read what you had wrote down. She smiled and hugged you. "I will, Y/n. I will." She wiped away the stray tears on her face and took a blank piece of paper from your notepad. She wrote down what you had written and stuck it in her pocket. She then left the room.

"What did you write down?" Ed asked. You handed him the piece of paper. He read it and he smiled. It was a sad smile. "I will. Is it okay if I take this, too?" he asked. You nodded your head yes and he smiled. "Thanks," he then gave you a hug and left your room.

Light up, light up,

As if you have a choice,

Even if you cannot hear my voice. -Run by Snow Patrol