Chapter 15 - Library

On Saturday afternoon, Jamie decided that he'll go to the Zanchif library to learn more about the history of the academy which will be included in his article. So after having lunch at home, Jamie grabbed his laptop, notebook and pen and went to his car to drive to the academy. While waiting for the red light to turn green on the road, he turned on the radio and started tapping his fingers on the steering wheel to the beat of the song playing. He suddenly jumped when Will appeared on him and by on him I mean, on his lap.

"Will, get off me. The light will turn green soon." He said to his friend gently pushing at his chest.

"I don't wanna." The young man said immaturely but upon seeing how serious Jamie looked, he did what he was told and got off of his lap, disappearing and then suddenly appearing on the passenger seat. "Where are we headed?"

Jamie raised an eyebrow at him for  using 'we' instead of 'you'. He let it slide and answered.

"To the library at Zanchif. I want to start searching for information on that article I'm going to write."

"Cool."

The two boys didn't speak to each other for a few minutes. Jamie focused his attention on the road while Will focused more on dancing on his seat to the song being played on the radio. Then Jamie thought of something he'd been meaning to talk to his friend for a while. He decided to mention it to Will.

"You have to stop doing that you know."

Will turned his head sideways at him.

"Doing what?"

"Spying on me or suddenly appearing out of nowhere and sometimes scaring the shit out of me."

"Well, I certainly can't be with you all the time, Jamie."

"I know." Jamie told him. "I just want you to give me like some kind of sign whenever you're in the same room as me so I'll know about your presence or whatever."

"Hmm. What kind of sign?"

"I don't know. It's up to you. It can be like a pat on the head, a soft pinch on the arm or just something small that'll allow me to you that you're near me."

"Okay, I already have something in mind."

"What is it?" Jamie asked, looking at him.

"I can't tell you right now. You'll know when I finally do it to you."

"I suddenly don't like this idea."

"Pssh! Trust me a little. I got this."

"Whatever you say."

After their conversation, Jamie turned right into the entrance of Zanchif Academy. He drove towards the parking lot and since there was no school today most of the parking spaces were vacant except for those that are occupied by the employees' cars. After parking his car, Jamie got his bag which had all his stuff and got out of the car. Will walked with his friend until the two finally arrived at the academy library. As Jamie got through the large glass door to the building, Will was surprised at the fact that it was mostly full of students who were either reading a book for a subject or just discussing their homework and project with their group of friends. Jamie walked up two flights of stairs in the library until he got into the section that contained everything that had to do with Zanchif. He was walking towards one of the shelves when Will told him he was going to leave.

"Oh okay but why?"

"I don't like books." Will answered but Jamie could sense from the look on his face that it was more than that but he knew that Will wouldn't talk about it with him so he just let it go. The cold never bothered him anyway. (Awful pun intended.)

Jamie just nodded his head at his friend and after that Will vanished into thin air.