Chapter 11 - Out of his chest

Will suddenly felt his legs turn into jelly making him fall back on Jamie's bed on his back. He let out a long sigh of relief of finally being able to get the horrible experience out of his chest. He closed his eyes and just let himself relax. Jamie, on the other hand, was speechless. He also felt so bad because of just how much he pestered his friend into telling him what was wrong without knowing that it might be because he had seen such a gruesome scene. After hearing Will's sigh, Jamie knew that his friend wasn't really angry at him so the young man decided to just offer his friend physical comfort. He scooted over to where Will lay on his bed and turned on his side to have a better view of his friend.

Will has very light blond hair. It's a very light shade that it looks almost close to being white. Even though right now they're currently closed, Jamie automatically knew just how blue Will's eyes are. They were darker than the lightest shade of the blue sky but evidently lighter than that of the deepest part of the ocean. They were simply the perfect shade of blue. Jamie loved Will's eyes.

Jamie's eyes looked closer at Will's features. The light of the sun was grazing the two young men's faces and it made Jamie realize just how pale Will's skin looked in comparison to his own. His skin looked flawless though, not a blemish in sight. It made Jamie's freckles feel embarrassed.

And then his eyes focused on Will's lips. They had kissed plenty of times now and Jamie noticed each and every time just how soft Will's lips are. Jamie suddenly felt the urge to kiss his lips. So he did.

Will opened his eyes when he felt warmth on the surface of his lips. Then he saw Jamie in front of him, an embarrassed look on his face. Like he was just caught doing something he shouldn't have been doing. It looked cute. He looked cute.

"I- I'm sorry."

Will raised an eyebrow. Jamie is the type of guy who hardly apologizes to anyone. To hear what he is hearing now is golden but his friend thought that his silence meant that he was still in a pissy mood so Jamie decided to elaborate on his apology better.

"I'm sorry I kept trying to bug you to tell me what happened to you today. I didn't really know that you would be witnessing something so... horrible happening to a person. Sorry if I kind of irritated you today."

Will sighed but then gave his friend a small smile of reassurance. Jamie's apology was actually uncalled for. He did nothing wrong so he didn't need to even say he was sorry for something he had no help in doing.

"It's okay, Jamie. I was just really shaken up about what I saw. I just didn't really expect to see that scene when I'm just doing my usual rounds around the Zanchif dorms. I actually expected to see horny freshmen jacking off to porn and hungover girls in their beds rather than... you know what I mean."

Jamie nodded. He knows that Will doesn't want to remember the scene that he just witnessed in the last few hours. But Jamie suddenly got curious. Who's the student that committed suicide? Because as far as Jamie knows, every student at Zanchif Academy is living a hell of a nice life. Rich family, nice home, latest stuff, great car, elite school, it's most of the things people their age like to have! Then Jamie remembered that sometimes life isn't all about how much money you have or just how many things you own. Sometimes life is about having people you can trust, people who have your back and people who love you. It may sound cheesy or whatever but it's actually true. But it's funny how nowadays people value money more than relationships be it friendship or the romantic kind. Money won't take care of you when you are sick. It won't hold you during the times when you feel sad, broken and alone. You can certainly love money but money will certainly not love you back. Sometimes that's how life works. Sometimes people reach the end of the rainbow. Sometimes people don't. Sometimes, at very rare times, people give up. They give up completely.

Jamie turned his attention back to Will now and away from his thoughts. He didn't know what he would have been feeling right now if he was the one who saw what Will had seen.