Chapter 7 - Patrick, Reed and Daphnie

"Do you know what you're gonna write for the school paper yet?" Daniel asked Jamie when the two cousins bumped into each other at lunch.

Jamie shook his head.

"Nope. Not yet. I might swing by the office of The Zanchif Gazette later though so I can ask Keith about it."

"Well," Daniel patted his cousin's shoulder. "Good luck with making a single word come out of that dude's mouth. See ya later."

And with another pat on Jamie's shoulders, Daniel rushed off to catch up with his friends. Jamie glanced at his cousin then turned his eyes towards the table were his friends were seated. He walked towards them and sat down beside Patrick.

"Yo!" His friend greeted when they finally saw Jamie. "What took you so long?"

"I just talked about some stuff with my cousin." He explained briefly then took the menu off the center of the table to pick the dish that he'll be having. He checked the list of dishes and finally decided on filet mignon with rich balsamic glaze. He gave the menu to a waiter passing by and waited for his meal.

"Stuff? What stuff?" Daphnie asked him, raising an eyebrow at the vague explanation.

Here's the thing about Daphnie, she may be a wonderful and funny friend but once you get to know her like Jamie does; you'll find out that she's a very very curious girl. She'll ask you about everyone and everything. She'll ask you what time you slept last night. She'll ask you how much food you gave your dog today and once, she even asked Jamie how full the toilet bowl became when he pooped.

She may annoy the hell out of Jamie sometimes but the good thing about her is that she keeps her promises. When you tell her to not tell anybody else about your secret, you will be able to feel relieved because that means she'll be taking your secret to the grave with her. Even if you guys get into a very serious fight.

"Here goes Daphnie again." Patrick snickered while Reed, also one of his friends, shot him a glance telling him to shut up.

Jamie, oblivious to Patrick's comment, answered her question.

"Yeah, Finn Pine and Ashley Greene asked me to write an article for the next month issue of The Zanchif Gazette and earlier my cousin asked me if I knew what I was going to write about for the paper."

"So what are you gonna write about?" Patrick asked.

"I don't know yet. I'm going to go see if I can ask the editor-in-chief about it after class."

"Can I come?"

Jamie was about to answer, 'Sure.' To any of his friends who asked the question when he noticed that the one who spoke was actually Will. So of course, Jamie ignored his best friend or else he might seem like a crazy guy talking to nothing but air.

"That's cool." Reed, ever the quiet guy, commented quietly. Fortunately, Jamie heard his friend's compliment. He smiled at the guy and then received his plate of food from the waiter who got his order. He began eating while feeling Will's gray eyes on him.