Chapter 14

*Marie's POV*

Sighing quietly I turned back around and made myself comfortable on Ty's lap. Lizzy and I had convinced Ty and Josh that we didn't need them to hold on to us while we were in the car, and that we would be fine if the driver slammed on the brakes again, so this time they didn't. We instead held on to the seat beside us and rested our backs against the door. But just as I thought this, we hit a bump on the road which made the car lurch sending both Lizzy and I slamming into the back of the seats. We groaned, and I felt Ty's arms immediately wrap his arms around my waist. And the 'seat belts' were back. I rolled my eyes.

I was hoping this would distract everyone and my sigh would go unnoticed, but of course everyone did. Lizzy wiggled her eyebrows teasingly at me.

"Be quiet." I sneered at her, which made her laugh.

"What did he say to you?" Kyle asked turning around in his seat.

"Uh...he just apologized for tying me up again." I replied.

"What's that piece of paper he gave you?" He questioned.

"His number." I responded casually.

"He gave you his number?" Ty demanded angrily. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Dan tense.

"Ty, not like that. He gave it to me in case we needed any help along the way." I reassured him, and he relaxed a little. Dan did too.

"Feel better now?" I asked annoyed. I just got grunts as replies. I shook my head at them. I then looked over at Lizzy and smiled slightly because I knew she had already figured out I wasn't telling them something. She quickly blocked everyone out and started asking me questions.

Okay. What did he really say? She asked excitedly.

What do you mean? I teased, knowing the suspense would kill her.

You know perfectly well what I mean. He did not just apologise and give you his number to contact us. There's more to it than that. I know it. Come on tell me.

"Hey! You blocked me!" Josh pouted.

"Sure did!" Lizzy smirked at her brother.

"Why? Are you two talking to each other?" He whined.

"No of course not." She replied, and looked back at me.

Now....tell me. She insisted.

Okay, okay. Well, he said that if he had known how pretty and sweet I was then he wouldn't  have tied me up.

No way.

Yeah. And he asked if we could stop on the way back so he could see me again.

As soon as I said this she let out a squeal and clapped her hands excitedly. I nodded my head.

"Oh sure, you're not talking to Marie at all. Your just playing patty cake with no one." He said in a patronizing tone, Lizzy stuck her tongue out at him playfully.

"What did you say to her?" Dan laughed looking at me expectantly, but I saw something else in his eyes.

"It's not important." I replied, smiling lightly.

"Hey Marie, why did you get so scared when that guy tied you up. Well, besides the obvious fact that he tied you up. All the time I've known you, anyone to mess with either you or Lizzy, usually got at least a snarky comeback. What happened this time? You could have handled Aaron with your hands tied behind your back." As soon as these last words left Josh's mouth, everyone turned and glared at him. "No pun intended." He quickly added.