Chapter 36

*Marie's POV*

"Marie, I just want to apologise." Dan sighed, running his hand through his hair, and looked past me. "I swear, it wasn't me, she pulled me out of the room." He turned his gaze to me. I looked down at the ground thinking for a second.

"You know Dan, I've distanced myself from you these past few days. I needed that to recover from the initial shock of it, and now I'm calmer so I'm willing to listen to your side of the story and try and understand." I said carefully.

"I know, I'm sorry. But, she pulled me away and told me that she knew I missed her and junk like that, I kept telling her that I moved on and that I really cared for you, that's when she kissed me, and how you found us." He explained.

"You didn't seem to be pushing her away." I felt the tears spring to my eyes, looking up to meet his.

"I was shocked.......I was frozen, then you came out you snapped me out of it, I didn't kiss her back....I promise."

"What about all the things she told me?" I asked, feeling the first tear trail down my cheek as I felt her words tear at my heart again.

"What did she tell you?" He asked wiping the tear away gently.

"She told me I was a replacement....that you needed someone in place of her.....and you were just using me.....that you never really cared for me." I cried harder now, looking away from him again.

"She's just jealous. Do you know why we broke up?" He asked gently.

"Because she moved."

"That was just an easier thing to say than the truth. In the beginning I really liked Amber, but then I met this girl who made me laugh, smile, and excited." He told me. I felt my heart sink a little.

"Oh."

"That girl was you Mar." He spoke softly, I raised my head to look at him, feeling the butterflies in my stomach flutter their wings. "The main reason I broke up with Amber was because I knew it wasn't fair to keep her in a relationship when I didn't feel the same way about her she felt about me. She just hadn't moved on yet." He said gently.

"So you did care about me?" I asked, smiling softly. He leaned in closer to me, so his face was inches from mine.

"I do care about you." He dipped his chin forward and pressed his lips softly against mine. It was a sweet and gentle kiss.....the best kind.

We pulled away and looked in each other's eyes.

"I like you Marie, a lot." He said seriously.

"I like you too.....a lot." I whispered back. He pulled me into a hug and held me tightly.

Through the window I saw the faces of my pack. Lizzy was jumping around. Aaron and Josh were smiling and both gave me a thumbs up, while my cousins looked undecided.

"Come on let's go back inside.....I can almost feel the black eye your cousins are going to give me." Dan chuckled. He took my hand and we walked back inside together and were met by everyone's mixed reactions.

"Congratulations Mar!" Lizzy squealed.

"Wow." Josh and Aaron smirked. Cam, Ty, and Kyle stood silent and shocked.

"So I'm taking it your boyfriend and girlfriend again?" Josh smiled.

"Actually, I didn't ask her yet." Dan smiled at me and turned to look at my cousins, waiting for their okay.

"Dude, you just kissed her, I think that's kind of self explanitory." Cam said.

Dan chuckled and turned to me smiling. "Would you like to be my girlfriend.....again?" He furrowed his eyebrows together at the last part, and I smiled.

"Yes, thank you." I told him, and we turned to my cousins again.

"Fine." They all sighed.

"But....." Kyle said, shaking his finger at Dan.

"I know, I know." Dan smirked.

"Be careful." Ty said seriously.

"Give her the love she deserves." Cam nodded.

"I will, and thank you." Dan smiled at the three, and they smiled back.

"Why don't you guys make this even more official and shake on it." Lizzy joked.

"Alright...." Cam said, and held his hand out to Dan. Dan shook it and moved down the line to Ty and Kyle.

"Now that that's settled, what are we going to do about the adults?" Kyle wondered aloud.

"We're going to do what we have to, to get them back." I said.

"I agree." Lizzy spoke up.

"Then it looks like we're going to Europe." Kyle said casually, I chuckled at this.

"Yeah, but let's rest for a little while, Mr. Wake Up Early." Josh said.

"Mr. Wake Up Early agrees, 'cause he's exhausted from all the driving." He grinned.

"That's another thing. Neither of you," I said, pointing to Cam and Kyle, "Are driving the boat."

"What?" Kyle asked, the same time Cam asked, "Why?"

"Because you both have a tendency to hit deer," I said, then turned to look at Cam, "And one of you has a tendency to hit children."

"Almost!" They shouted.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Thanks for reading my story!!!

Hope you liked it!!

I may have a sequal, not really sure yet.

Please Comment I like to hear what you think!!! :)

*I WILL ONLY PUBLISH THE SEQUAL IF I GET AT LEAST A FEW COMMENTS*

I want to thank everyone who has read my story and I hope you enjoyed it!!!! So.....PLEASE COMMENT!!!!!!!