Chapter 24

*Marie's POV*

I felt the first tear fall from my eye and I quickly wiped it away. I can't believe that Josh would tell Lizzy when he promised me he wouldn't. And Lizzy's upset that I didn't want her to know when a few months ago she didn't want me to know something about her that was being spread around that wasn't true. What hurt the most was that she feels like she can have secrets, but I can't. It hurt that she denied that she had ever done that.

I felt a hand slip into mine, which I assumed was Ty's. I looked down at the hand, but it wasn't Ty's. I raised my head to look at the owner and Dan gave me a comforting smile and squeezed my hand.

You okay? He asked.

I guess. I responded.

Don't cry. It'll be okay. He said reaching up and brushing the tears away from my cheeks. Ty stiffened a little. I glanced at him and he gave me a sheepish smile.

Thanks.

You want to talk about it? He asked. I thought about it for a second then shook my head. He nodded his head and smiled in understanding. I peeked at Lizzy and Josh. Lizzy was staring out the window and Josh was staring at the road. Josh looked over and gave me a small smile and I looked away at the window.

*Ty's POV*

The car was full of tension. Marie and Lizzy had gotten into a fight and somehow Josh had something to do with it. I figured it was better to sit back and let the three of them sort it out.

Marie rested her head on my shoulder and looked out the window. I wrapped my arm around her and she closed her eyes. Her hand was still holding Dan's, I glanced up at Dan and he looked at me nervously. I gave him a small smile then looked ahead at the road.

How much farther? I asked Kyle.

Well, that stop slowed us down, so I think we can make it there by tomorrow. He responded.

Where do you want to stop? Cam asked.

Uh, I don't know. Just keep driving for a little while then we'll stop. Kyle sighed.

I have a feeling it's going to be awkward tonight. I pointed out, they nodded.

I glanced down at Marie, who was sound asleep. I looked in the direction Lizzy and Josh were. Lizzy was asleep as well, and Josh looked upset. He looked up at me.

Is Marie okay? He asked.

Yeah, she's fine. She's asleep. I responded.

I feel so bad, but I didn't tell her. I promised Marie I wouldn't.

What's going on anyway? Cam asked.

Nothing. Josh sighed and turned his attention ahead of him.

It was definitely not nothing. Josh said he had promised Marie he wouldn't tell Lizzy. Tell Lizzy what? About the conversation that we had with Dan? And if that's what this was about then why were Lizzy and Marie mad at each other? Marie said something about not telling Lizzy everything. I shook my head. They'd probably be fine when we got to the hotel.

*Marie's POV*

"Marie, wake up. We're here." I heard a voice say softly. I opened my eyes and I saw Dan looking down at me with a warm smile. "Hey, did you have a nice sleep?"

I nodded my head and looked around, I saw Cam and Kyle getting out of the car, I didn't look at Josh or Lizzy as I got out of the car. Ty climbed out followed by Dan, who took my hand in his. He grabbed my bag and his and we followed Kyle to the main doors. It was mid afternoon and I wondered why we had stopped so early, usually we wait until it gets dark.