Chapter 5 - You're back !

Friends are the siblings God never gave us. - Mencius 

***********************

Before I can try to get his hands off me , I am spun around and greeted by the most enchanting grin .

"Matthew ! You're back !" I yell out loud as I engulf him in a big hug . He picks me up and I hook my legs around his waist.

"Rea! I'm back !" He says , mocking me as he returns my hug .

We stay like that for sometimes until he releases me to look at me in the eyes . His blue eyes shines under the mini chandelier on my ceiling . His eyes are the most magical thing on Earth. What is up with these people with beautiful eyes ? I smile at him .

"I miss you so much." He kisses my forehead with so much love and adoration as he shows me how much he missed me .

"I don't miss you though . Why didn't you tell me that you're coming home ? I can pick you up at the airport or something." I say , standing on my tip toe before kissing him on his cheek . Blame him for being too tall for my own good .

Standing six feet tall with a chisilled jawline and sharp cheek bones , his apperance itself can kill . Not forgetting his electric blue eyes that makes him more swoon-worthy than he already is .

I pull his hand and lead us to the balcony . We sit on the love seat before I lean my head against his shoulder . This is so surreal . He's not supposed to be here this soon but yet , here he is , standing beside me . Is this what it feels like , meeting your best friend after ages ? I hold his hand and intertwine our fingers together .

"Geez . Haven't you heard of surprises , Rea ? You're as lame as the last time I left ." He looks at me smirking .

I smack him on his biceps and I could hear him chuckle . Oh , how much I missed this , his voice , his chuckle and most importantly his presence.

He stands up before he leans on the railings to face me . I make use of the space I have by crossing my legs , making myself comfortable .I tilt my head up so I can have a better view of him .

"Oh shut up . How long are you going to be here ? Plus , what made you come back ? Aren't you supposed to be at Cambridge studying God-knows-what?"

"One month . School break . No . I'm studying law . Not God-knows-what . Thank you ." He says walking away .

"Where are you going ?" I shout.

"Let me grace you with my absence , your highness . You sounded like you're visited by your monthly visitor . Don't want to wake the monster up , do we ?"

He says from the hallway and I can't help myself but gape. I am not on my period for God's sake .

"I'm seriously going to get you Matthew Leigh !" I say chasing him . With that , our hide and seek begins.

***

'Ping'

The sound of the lift reaching the ground floor rings across the hallway . He's at the ground floor . Yes! I run down the spiral stairways , taking two at one time to speed up . This reminds me so much of our childhood . 

We grow up together doing this a lot , me chasing him , him chasing me . I am overwhelmed by a sense of nostalgia that came hitting me like a wrecking ball .