Chapter 3 - I'm not dead,yet.

"How can you tell? That I like books, I mean."

    "The look on your face when you walked in, somehow I doubted you were that impressed by me."    ― Cassandra Clare, City of Bones   

********************

After what seems like hours and yet to only be seconds , I open my eyes slowly . Everything is blurry as my eyes adjust to the light of my surrounding . I tilt my head up to look at my image on the rear view mirror . 

Looking at myself , I still look pretty nice for someone who just got into a car accident . My lip is busted and the metallic taste of blood that get into my mouth is gross.

Wait , is the driver alright ? I look through the windshield . It's no longer drizzling . Direct rays of sun starts to make their way between the clouds . 

There is only a little smoke is coming out of both our cars indicating that only a small damage has been done . I am utterly blessed and grateful that we're both fine , I assume , or else I would have to get to most horrible lecture of my life .

Without wasting anymore time , I unlock my car to get out of it . I can't push the door without wincing in pain as my hand was in a very awkward position , making my muscle sore . I walk to the truck while covering my lips using the end of my sleeve to stop it from bleeding .

The sound of the door shut makes me nerves go wild . Is this person going to kill me ? It's my fault after all for not concentrating on the road . 

What should I say ? I can barely string a proper sentence together in my current state now .

The person walks towards me slowly . By the way he walks with his broad shoulder and confidence , I can tell he is intimidating . He stops as soon as he was a few inches away from me . I step back , taking a step at once until I hit my car , putting my guards up .

I can't figure out how he looks as his back was facing the sunlight , making him a dark figure standing in front of me . He turns his head to one side slightly to observe the damage done to his car . What I see next is what every girl dreams of , the eyelashes ! 

His thick eyelashes is so curled that makes his sea-green eyes looks so gorgeous . The shadow of his lashes formed on his face makes me jealous . He is mouth-watering ugh . 

Without thinking , I blurt out , feeling so stressed after the series of events that has happened today .

"God! Sorry. Are you injured? I wasn't paying attention. I offer money as recompense for the damage or I can just get you a mechanic and all the cost -"

"Do you think this is about the money , you rich brat !?" He hisses with so much venom dripping out of his words .

Have I met him before? He sounds familiar .

Of course, not . I have never met someone this rude and impolite in my seventeen years of living .

"So ,what do you want ? I said sorry , didn't I ? I'm not going to walk away without fixing anything . In case you've forgotten , fixing comes with money unless you live in the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse . Wait , is that where you are -? " I said sarcastically .

I'm clearly not in a good mood today after what has happened . From tons of homework to knowing my mum is not coming home .

He takes a step towards me, cutting me off .

I groan in frustration. I think people really love cutting me off when I speak.

"All I want is that you don't go around killing people on the road. Kill yourself before you kill others,will you ?" He spits each words clearly, afraid that I don't hear him . Duh.

He sounds deadly and cold . He would have been more beautiful with a nice personality , not like this . I think my dull eyes suits him and his personality better . 

I can't believe I'm thinking about how he looks when I'm facing a crisis here. A deadly one.

Can I just strangle him now ? I should just chop him into pieces before dumping him into the river or send him back to Mickey by FedEx. Yeah, what a nice plan.

I'm pulled out of my thought as I heard someone starts a car engine . He's already in the truck . I don't notice him walking and getting into it. I must have spaced out just now .

I jog towards his car and knock on his window as hard as I could . I am at the point where I don't care that I break his window . My blood is boiling after processing what he has just said . Kill yourself. He doesn't have the least of politeness and that is irritating me deep down in my soul.

"Hey ! What on Earth is wrong with you ! Roll down the window ! I'm not done with you yet !" I yell at him while pounding on the window with more force.

I should have expected what he is going to do but I don't .

He looks at me through the thin glass that is separating us , smirking a little. He presses the gas pedal before driving off , leaving me gawking at this sudden occurrence.

"Today has been one hell of a day ." I mumble to myself .