Chapter 10 - Excuse me? Do I really know you?

"The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for." 

- Bob Marley

******

CHAPTER 10

"One. Two. Three," I whisper whilst inhaling the air.

BANG!

The gunshot tears the utter silence apart as I pull the trigger. The sound is so deafening that I regret for not taking my hearing protection with me. My both hands, which are holding the air pistol, jolted due to the large backwards momentum of the fire.

Firing a shot, a sense of satisfaction and contentment surges through my veins, fulfilling my soul as if a weight is lifted off my shoulder, like I have no more care in the world.

 Besides, it releases all the frustration and tension that I am having.

Everything freezes around me, only my senses are on full alert. I watch attentively as the bullet travels in slow motion before hitting the bull eyes.

 Having to be able to hit the bull's eye in a long span of no shooting, I am in pure joy and bliss. Little did I know I am so good at shooting.

"Nailed it!"

I yell in triumphant and victory as I put the pistol back on the rack at the corner of the room. I don't notice the room is so deserted that only my audible breathing can be heard.

 White puffs are formed as I exhale indicating that the room is very low in temperature. The air is also stuffy but I am surviving.

The dim light creates such an atmosphere that makes me feel safe and secure. I haven't visited this place for like how long? A month?

I'm sure Lucas misses his weekly visitor, since I am the only one who actually uses this hidden range. It's like the Diagon Alley in Harry Potter here, where outside, it is a very old and seems-to-be-dangerous bar with neon lights flashing here and there and a tattoo shop, where the smell of alcohol and cigarettes always linger in the air.

I like it here when no one actually cares about what you are doing unless you really ruffle their feather. Getting to know the people here, I realize that they are not that bad after all.

And this is also the reason why I like shooting at the darker side of town, where no one pays a heed at the rules and regulations but going against them is their forte.

The idea of being at the high-end shooting range, where everyone wears ludicrous outfits that is pretty much laughable and fakes clap when you actually miss the target, is totally unthinkable. Not to forget that you need to pay a fortune for their crappy service.

After the warming up session with the air pistol, I decide to grab the shotgun for another round of immense amount of pleasure. I walk towards the target and arrange some empty glass bottles on the stand before going back to the shooting line.

I tilt my head up and narrow my eyes, aiming at the bottles as I set the shotgun in front of me. I do some calculation before pulling the trigger. Several gunshots echoes at once which then, followed by the shattering sound of the glass bottles.

"Looks like someone is back in the game!" Someone claps whilst speaking with so much masculinity.

I put the gun on the ground and turn my back around.

"Lucas, it's nice to see you after so long. You still smell good as usual huh?" I say as I give him a friendly hug.

"Still having trouble snooping around to get here? You should tell them so this whole thing would get millions times easier. You're safe with me after all."