Chapter 19- Warming up.

I stopped running as I heard footsteps approaching me from behind. Lifting my hand, I swept the drips of sweat formed off my forehead.

"Jeez, Irea. Why did you speed off and just leave me behind like that? I don't like being the last." Zavanna had her hands on her knees as she regained her composure after running four laps. I swear this was the most exhausting exercise I had had for the past few weeks.

"So, you'd prefer me being the last then?" She chuckled contagiously, eliciting a small smile out of me before I continued, "I was blowing up some steam, by the way." Walking towards where my other classmates gathered at, I pulled her with me. Our coach gave us some heads up about what we would be doing next week and dismissed us.

"What happened?" She asked as we entered the changing room. "One thing I realised that is happening is that you are getting cozy with that kid and you neglected us."

Taken aback by her statement, I stopped my action to turn and look at her. "What and who are you talking about?"

"Alexander, if I am not mistaken," she guessed as she took some items out of her locker to freshen up.

"Oh, right. He came over the other day to apologize and we met up a few times. And for your information, we did not get cozy."

"Oh my God!" She squealed in excitement and I couldn't help but knotted my brow in confusion. "What?" I asked.

"Nothing. I just felt like I am so not filled up with your latest adventures. But, fret not. I am so coming over tonight!"  I nodded, thinking about what we could have for dinner if she was really coming over.

Looking at my watch, I realised it was thirty after eight which meant the bell would ring anytime soon. Waving her goodbye, I headed to my locker to get my binders for the next classes I had. As I walked, I noticed someone leaning against my locker.

I tapped him on the shoulder and he turned around. "Alex, what are you doing here?"

"Well I guess gym took such a long time," he continued, "Anyway, do you have any plans tonight ?"

"I am not even going to ask how you found out about my schedule,creep," he smirked at my retort. "You didn't even answer my question."

"Excuse me, I really have to get something out of my locker, time is ticking," raising my eyebrow at him, he took a step back.

"I am afraid I will not be available tonight. How about some other time?"  He looked and smiled at me at the sound of that. "That sounds great," he continued "and Irea? "

I turned to look at him and caught him staring at me straight with his electrifying blue eyes. "Yes? "

He answered before walking away, "Nothing." He smiled at me. "Just wanted to take a look at you. See you some other time Irea."

I huffed, confusion and warmth washing over my mind. Going to my next class, there was one thing for sure I was so excited for which was some other time.

Bell rang signaling the end of the day. Since I did not drive to school today nor did I asked Saunder to pick me up, I thought of asking Zach to give me a ride home.

I stood at the exit, waiting patiently for his figure to pop out. As I paced back and forth,waving at people, someone slung his arm over my shoulder, which made me halt to a stop.

"Are you waiting for me, Ireana?" This voice of the devil sound awfully familiar. "I wish I was not waiting for you so just that your ego doesn't blow off."