Chapter Seventeen

Peyton's POV

In the past hour I learned a lot about Caroline. And I heard a lot of embarrassing things about Riley. Like how him and Caroline had their first kiss together. And how Riley thought that the only way to kiss a girl was by shoving your tongue down her throat.

"It was really gross." Caroline said through our fit of laughter. Riley definitely doesn't do that now, thank god. But a lot of people usually have their first kisses like that. Mine wasn't any better.

I also learned a lot about Caroline and Connor. And why the guys were teasing him about her. Even though Caroline had no clue that was happening. I figured that, which is why I didn't tell her anything.

"I know it's weird." She confessed. "Riley and I were our first kisses, first dates, first boyfriend and girlfriend..." She stopped when she noticed how at unease I looked. "What I'm trying to say is; I know it's weird having a thing for your first boyfriend's older brother."

"It's not weird." I smiled at her. "You can't choose who you like... Or love."

"Woah, woah, woah." Caroline said defensively. "No one said anything about love."

I laughed. "Alright, fine. But, if you liked him so much over these years, why act like you hate him?"

Caroline groaned. "Because he hates me. It's so obvious."

I nodded and for sake of keeping Connor's obvious crush on her a secret, I changed the subject back to embarrassing Riley stories. It was a couple minutes after that that Riley appeared in the doorway. When he saw Caroline a bigger smile lit up his already smiley face.

"Caroline!" Riley exclaimed. Caroline got up from Riley's bed and they hugged. "How long have you been here?"

"For like an hour." Caroline said as she got out of the embrace. "Where have you been?"

Riley glanced at me cautiously and I smiled at him. "I was just out... So, uh, have you girls been getting along?"

"Nope." I said bluntly. "We were so just pulling each others hair out a second ago."

Caroline put on a serious face. "Yeah. Peyton's a bitch."

"You're bitchier." I muttered before we looked at each other and laughed.

"Alright, come on. We have to make it to soundcheck." Riley said with a smile. I could see on his face that he was happy Caroline and I were getting along. So was I, actually.

Caroline went out the door first and I slipped my shoes on. When I was about to stand up from Riley's bed he stuck his hand out for me to take. I took it gladly and he forcefully pulled me towards him. I was in his arms laughing in a second.

"You're strong." I noted.

Riley chuckled. "Thanks." He kissed me on the lips and I smiled beneath the kiss before pulling back.

"Come on, lovers." Ella said from outside the door. "We have to go."

I laughed and grabbed Riley's hand, pulling him out of his room with me. We made it down the stairs to see Connor and Caroline glaring at each other.

"Don't start today, guys." Riley sighed as he grabbed his keys. "It's Peyton's birthday."

Caroline looked over at me with surprise. "Why didn't you tell me?! Happy birthday!"

I laughed and said thank you. As we were all making our way towards the car Ella whispered in my ear. "Who's that?"

I whispered back quickly. "Caroline."