Chapter Twenty Five

Peyton's POV

We were able to actually skate over to a local park, stay on the paths for a while, and come back after sound check ended. It was the last show of the tour and there was a different atmosphere in the air. Everyone was excited, and yet going around to hug each other goodbye. It was all very bittersweet.

"Vic, let me go!" I screamed as Vic Fuentes held me up in his arms. I kicked my legs out backwards, trying to break free, but his arms didn't even budge.

"But I'm gonna miss you Baby Barakat!" He shouted loudly. I laughed harder than I already had been.

"I'm going to miss you, too." I laughed. "But, please put me down."

He set me down on my feet and kissed my forehead before having to run off to change. No one else was in the green room except for me, but when I turned around, Riley was leaning against the door frame smiling.

"I don't know whether I should be jealous or not." He said teasingly, but I could hear the bit of honesty behind it.

I crossed my arms over my chest and smiled. "I'm not sure if you're allowed to. I mean, you broke up with me."

Riley dipped his head and smiled, coming towards me. My heart beat picked up and I didn't know what was happening.

"Maybe I shouldn't be," he stood in front of me with his hands in his pockets,"but I think I am." He paused, looking me in the eyes shyly. I knew he had something to say, and I had nothing. "I'm going to miss you, you know."

"Well, I'll be in Florida in January. You can't get rid of me that easy, I guess." I smiled. I didn't know what we were doing, or what this was. But I was surprisingly okay with it.

Riley nodded and pursed his lips. "But, are we actually going to still be talking?"

If I said the thought hadn't crossed my mind, I would have been lying. I didn't know what Riley and I were going to do because I didn't know how I felt. I was definitely into him, but did I want him as a boyfriend? Can I handle him as a friend? All I actually knew was that I wanted to keep talking to him.

"Are you crazy?" I chuckled and took a step closer to him. "Riley, I don't want to lose you."

I was caught off guard when he reached his arms across the little distance between us and pulled me into him. I hesitated before I wrapped my arms around him as well. We both stayed there, his head leaning against mine, and mine resting on his shoulder.

"I don't want to lose you either, but I think we already have." He said quietly.

"Maybe, maybe not." I whispered to him. I quickly stood on my toes and kissed his cheek lightly, escaping his grasp before he could say anything. My pace as I walked out of the room could have been classified as running.

"What the hell?" Ella said, pacing in front of me in the bathroom. "You can't just do that, Peyton."

"I know, but it's not like I kissed him." I reminded her.

"That doesn't matter. You guys have to be honest with each other. No games." Ella sighed and leaned against the sink next to me. "Trust me."

I grimaced and moved closer to put my head on her shoulder. She rested hers on my head.

"Do you actually like Connor, or are you just mad he doesn't want to be with you?" I asked.

"I don't know." She answered honestly. "Do you want to be with Riley, or are you going to let something like distance and past experience get in the way?"