Chapter Thirteen

Peyton's POV

"All Time Low! All Time Low! All Time Low!" The crowd cheered earlier that night as I recorded them, and that I was now watching back on my laptop.

The bed shifted under me and arms wrapped around me from behind. I smiled and pulled my earbuds out.

"Are you not going to bed anytime soon?" Riley whispered into my ear.

"I just want to have this ready." I defended myself quietly. My eyes glanced over towards Toby, passed out on his bed. Tomorrow was our last night staying in this hotel and so far Riley has slept in my room each night. And contrary to popular belief (aka all of the guys) no, we haven't done anything. As far as I'm concerned, we're not going to do anything.

Riley kissed my cheek and I saw him look at Toby. He smiled. "Do you have any stuffed animals?"

"No..." I lied hesitantly. Riley raised his eyebrow at me. "Okay yes. I have a bunny in my bag. Why?"

The comfortable warmth of Riley's body left me as he got out of the bed. He moved to the front of the bed where my bag was, in all his shirtless glory. I had to admit, I was gawking a little.

"Stop staring at my chest." Riley joked in a high pitched voice. I laughed quietly and Riley pulled my pink bunny out of my bag. The poor thing was beat up, since I've had him for so long. "Cute."

"Shut up." I got out of bed and grabbed it from him. "What do you want from Joey anyway?"

"Joey?" Riley tried to cover up his laugh with a very fake cough. I furrowed my eyebrows and shoved at Riley's bare chest. Although he didn't move an inch. "Okay, okay. Let me have him."

I gave him Joey cautiously and he walked over to Toby's bed with him. He took Toby's arm, which was hanging over the side of the bed, and put Joey under it. I got the idea quickly and grabbed my phone off the bedside table. Riley turned on the lamp on the bedside table and I took the picture of Toby. We quickly shut the light off again and grabbed my bunny. Riley chuckled quietly when I showed him the picture.

"That's perfect. Can you send it to me?"

"Mhm." I smiled. I sent him the photo and shut my laptop before I got back into bed next him. Riley pulled the blanket over the both of us. I put Joey in between us and Riley gave me a look. A smile was on my face in response.

"Alright then." Riley said before laying down on his pillow.

"He's softer than you." I commented with a chuckle. Riley sighed and put his arms around both Joey and I. My head was snuggled into Riley's chest and Joey was snuggled into mine. This would probably look either really cute or a little weird to someone else.

"Why is its name Joey?" Riley asked quietly.

"After Bon Jovi." I murmured. Riley's chest shook a little with quiet laughter, it brought a smile to my face. And a little embarrassment.

"Why didn't you name it Bon, then? Or Jovi?"

"I don't know. My dad got him for me after a Bon Jovi concert. Both Bon and Jovi sounded weird, so I settled for Joey. It's that simple." I explained.

Riley chuckled. "Yeah, I guess it is that simple." He kissed the top of my head. "Goodnight, Peyton. Goodnight, Joey."

I giggled. "Goodnight, Riley."

It took Riley about 5 minutes to fall asleep, his chest rising and falling calmly against me. I wasn't very tired, but I felt so safe in Riley's arms, so I didn't try to get up. I counted the heartbeats I could hear so clearly from where my head lay on his chest. Everything was so steady, so calm. In his sleeping state Riley seemed to have no cares in the world. His heartbeats soon began to lull me to sleep and I was in that state of being half awake, and half asleep... when there was a loud knock at the door.