sixteen.

As I plop on my bed in grief, despair, and plainly anger, I hear faint yelling.

I get up from my bed rather groggily. I walk towards my bedroom door and open it, only to hear my mom chatting on the phone about medical stuff.

I shut the door quietly and walk over to my window looking around. As I look down, I can see Blake and his parents arguing.

At one point in this argument, Blake's dad slaps him across the face, causing Blake to go to his room in rage, taking off his shirt in the process.

It makes me feel guilty. I made him get slapped, I broke his heart. I broke my own heart.

I go inside to grab a blanket, coming back out to the balcony in attempt to sit down. When I succeed, I'm stuck with one problem.

How the fuck am I going to get up?

Looks like I'm gonna be here for a while. Shit! And I forgot my phone.

I immediately call for Rebecca, seeing as now that I'm pregnant, I'm qualified to be recognized as her older sister.

"What do you want?" She groans.

"Can you bring me my phone? It's on my bed!" I call back.

She quickly comes in and tosses me my phone.

As I pick it up from a couple inches away, I hear a loud thud.

I look over to see that Blake had punched the wall next to his window or at least that's what I'm assuming.

It hurts to see him hurt himself. Especially because it's over me.

Why is he hurting himself? Why?

I decide to call him, so I unlock my phone and go to the call pad, typing in his numbers.

As the phone starts ringing in my ear,, I can see Blake turn around and pick up his phone. He looks over towards my window, then towards my balcony where he immediately spots me.

He slides his finger on the screen and accepts the call.

(Italics are Bella, underlined is Blake.)

Blake. I say, coming out almost as a whisper.

Bella,how much did you see?

Blake, please don't hurt yourself. When your dad slapped you, it broke my heart and seeing you hurt yourself, it chipped it a little more. I say, tears tricking down my nose onto the cold concrete ground below me.

I'm sorry you had to see that. Don't worry Bella, I'd take 100 beatings for you. He responds, tears present in his voice.

Blake, can you come over? You know, so we could sort things out.

Yea. He whispers, I'll be right over.

Just come through the window. I would but I can't really. I chuckle slightly.

It's okay. Give me a sec. He says, the stuffs his phone in his jeans pocket.

He stretches from one window sill to the other without any hesitation. As he climbs into my room, I can see a smile appear on his face.

"Spider man, over here. Pregnant hippo in need of help getting up." I say, raising my arms for him to grasp on the while pulling me up.

He quickly walks over and helps me up, walking me into the bedroom and closing the French balcony doors behind me.

"So what did you want to talk about?" He says, pulling his phone out of his pocket and ending the call.

"You. Hurting yourself and getting slapped by your parents. If that's your way of getting me back...it's working. It can't work. Look, when the baby's born, I'll get it one week and you'll get it the next." I say, pacing slowly across the room.

"Wait, you aren't seriously going to do this right? Bella, have you lost your mind? This is my kid too you know." He says, upset.

"I know, that's why you get to spend every other week with it." I say, looking down towards the floor.

"Bella, I need to be there for my kid. I promised you in the beginning and I'm not planning on ever breaking that promise whether you like it or not. " he argues.

"Blake, we can't do this! Or relationship isn't healthy. Just look at your parents, they hate me. I can't stand not being able to go over to your how without them sneering a rude comment at me. And the worst part is that they think I'm a gold digger, I don't even know about your family's money!" I say, making wild hand gestures, causing Blake to get up and grasp my hands still.

"Bella, four words. Get your shit together! This is not the beautifully courageous girl I fell in love with 5 months ago. Who cares what my parents think? I don't. Why are you all of a sudden worried about what people think of you? At school, you never cared. " he says, making direct eye contact.

"I don't know." I sigh," it's just different. These are you parents."

"Who cares?! Look, if you want I'll come and stay here with you. Your mom is the only grand parent picture. I'm fine with that." He pleads," just don't shut me out."

"I don't want you to leave your parents Blake. They're your parents." I say, gently getting out of his grasp.

"Okay, fine. I'll visit them on the weekends." He says plainly. 

"Blake." I say, chuckling a bit at his previous gesture.

"Look, I want in and I'll do anything to be in this process with you. Just stop pushing me away, it won't work. " he continues.

"Okay fine whatever, but I still have to think about it. This is a temporary thing." I say.

"Thank you." He replies, kissing my forehead and going out of the window to get his things.

He lacks a duffel bag with a weeks worth of clothes, bring his charger, tooth brush, deodorant, and cologne along.

He gestures for me to grab the duffel bag, and I do so in a very precautionous  manner. When I do reach his bag, I pull it towards me and bring it inside.

I pull out 2 of my most empty drawer and conjoin them into 1, leaving that extra drawer for Blakes things.

I go back over to the bed to open his duffel bag, when I see Blake crawling through the window with an extra back pack.

"Blake, we got out of school last month." I chuckle.

"Those are my shoooeess." He widens his eyes. "You act like I'd leave my shoes to those people."

He tossed the backpack next to my closet, helping me unpack his clothes.

Just as I'm doing so, Blake pull out a pair of blue flannel boxers.

"Remember these?" He smirks.

"Nope." I say, feeling a blush creep into my cheeks.

"It's when we made little baby Cameron." He smiles. A genuine smile.

I smile back. This is going to be a lot harder than I ever imagined.