twenty-one.

Bella (on the phone with Blake)
"So...you have an older brother?"

"No, I have a dick."

"Hmmph."

"That came out totally wrong!"

"Listen, I have to go. Troops are being sent out on ships tonight. They're starting to take roll call. I love you."

"I-"

End of Call

"Rebecca!" I called out.

Nothing.

"Rebecca!!" I called louder, but still nothing.

She was babysitting little Isaac. I sit up on my bed, confused.

I get up and walk into the bathroom.

Looking at my reflection in disgust due to my awfully cringe-worthy appearance, I walk out, and down stairs.

Silence fills the house, floorboards creaking as my presence fills the kitchen.

My mom appears, walking in from the living room, a cookbook in her hands.

"Oh, hey Bella. I thought you were still napping." She smiles.

"Where's Rebecca?" I ask," And where's my kid?"

"Oh, they went over to your brothers house. They'll be back befo-"

"You let them go over there! Mom, how could you!?" I yell, infuriated.

"She wanted to see him, and so, I let her." She says without a worry.

"Mom, do you know Rebecca? If she gets distracted, she'll automatically forget about her priorities!" I groan in frustration.

I gather my hair into my hands and messily make it into a bun. Grabbing the car keys off the counter, I angrily walk out of the house and into my car.

Slamming the door shut, I jab the keys into the ignition slot and turn it on.

"This shit is great. First the father of my kid hangs up on me and now my stupid sister is over with the asshole of my brother." I mutter to myself as I exit the driveway onto the street.

I've memorized the way to his house now because my mom occasionally drags me over.

Turn right twice, three to the left and make a u-turn in 500 feet. Your destination is on your right.

Blah blah blah, all I care about was getting my kid out of that hell hole.

As I approach the house, I notice that there's more cars parked around the house than normal. The driveway was still open though.

I park there, as usual, and make my way to the door.

I found out through my mom that there was an extra key in a plant potter next to the door. But it wasn't there.

I reach for the door handle, and twist it just in case there's a slightest chance that it was unlocked.

To my luck, it was. That quickly changed as soon as I stepped inside.

The house was trashed and the closer I got to Jonas' room, the more it wreaked of alcohol.

I slam at the door handle and barge into the room only to find my sister and brother—half brother—drinking a bottle of vodka. Not only that, Isaac was on the bed playing with empty bottles of beer.

"Really Rebecca?! I gave you one fucking job. To take care of my kid and what do you do? You come over to this idiots house and drink! You're a fucking minor. You barely turned 17!" I yell, but all she does is laugh.

"Hey dude, chill. We're just having R a little fun." Jonas says, drunk beyond imagination.

"Shut up Jonas. Just shut up because of it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have to be yelling at the top of my fucking lungs because my sister can't take care of her goddamn nephew!"

I take the beer bottle from Isaac's hand and throw it against the wall, the bottle shattering to pieces.

"And best of all, you let a baby play with a fucking beer bottle! Nice going sis!" I yell, sarcasm crystal clear in my voice.

Rebecca looks my way, her eyes bloodshot from all the alcohol.

"Bellarina! Hehe, that's funny. Bellarina, I can explain everything. See, haha, I came over to see my bro and his epic party that he was going to throw, and I guess I got a liiiitle caught up, but no biggie right?" She says, her words slurred. I can't help but punch her square in the face. Her nose starts bleeding, but she doesn't been to notice. I punch her again and again unable to control my anger and soon enough, we're in a brawl, punching each other's faces and pulling each other's hair. I pin her down for a good 5 minutes, punching her face consecutively. Up until someone barges through the door.

"What the hell is going on here?!" My mom asks.

I look up at her, blood running down my face, blood running down Rebecca's face, and the smell of alcohol lingering throughout the room.

We both are gonna fall off this cliff we've managed to get on, but she has farther to fall than I do, and I really want her to get hurt. Badly.