Chapter 18: Perfect Storm

A/N: You can thank a snow storm for this update here! Perfect day to stay in and write, I hope you enjoy it!!!

"I never meant to fall like this, but she don't just rain, she pours. That girl right there's the perfect storm. She's the thrill of a lifetime a guy like me spends his whole life looking for. That girl right there's the perfect storm." ~Brad Paisley

_________________________________________________________________

Kate woke to the sound of rain pounding the side of the house and to the smell of bacon wafting up the staircase. As she laid there, alone in Rick's room, she couldn't stop the smile that spread across her face.

No man has ever made her feel the way that Rick does. He gave her butterflies every time she was near him and he always seemed to be her rock in rushing waters. She never expected to fall for someone like this, especially when that someone was Richard Castle.

With thoughts of Castle filling her head as she descended the steps, her already huge smile grew at the sight of Alexis helping her dad with breakfast. She paused against the railing and watched as Alexis expertly placed the already cut fruit onto the platter Castle gave her. "Daddy!" she exclaimed, "I'm done! Now what?" Kate silently laughed at the girl's eagerness.

He easily lifted her from her spot on the counter and placed her on her feet. "Kate should be up any second, would you set the table for me?"

She nodded her head willingly and carefully carried the plates to the dining room table. Soon she was back to collect all of the silverware needed, then Rick started to carefully hand her the plates of food. As he handed her the last plate he told her to go sit down and that he was going to go wake Kate.

As soon as Alexis was out of sight, Kate travelled the rest of the way down the stairs. Rick was making coffee and his back was to her. Silently, she wrapped her right arm up and under Rick's arm. She placed the palm of her hand over his heart and felt how his heart rate dramatically increased.

Slowly, she nipped and sucked on the pulse point on his neck. Rick's breath hitched, "Goodmorning to you too."

Kate put him out of his misery and broke away. She laughed at his response, "Goodmorning!" She was chipper this morning, and he loved that he was the reason for it. He set the coffee cup on the counter and turned in her embrace.

He was met with Kate's brilliant smile. Her eyes her sparkling, and he was hit with the realization that Kate Beckett was actually there in his arms.

When her tongue poked between her top and bottom teeth, he couldn't take it anymore. Almost forcefully, he grabbed the sides of her face with both hands and pulled her in for a passionate kiss. Her hand tangled into his hair when he deepened the kiss. The movements of their lips and hands were frantic as they lost the little bit of control they had left.

With every ounce of power Rick had, he pulled away in fear of his daughter seeing them. "Alexis," he breathed, "is in..." Kate continued to trail kisses down his neck, "the other room," he finished.

Finally, Kate moved away, her hand placed on his chest once again. She winked at him as she playfully pushed him back, his butt hitting the counter, and she strutted away. He watched her go as she swung her hips ever so slightly and ran a hand through her disheveled hair.

His head fell backwards as he thought about how hot that was. He didn't even think that she knew what she was doing or what it did to him. He leaned against the counter, trying to gain his composure once again.

In the background he heard Kate and Alexis start up a conversation about Alexis' favorite new toy. He smiled at how interested Kate was in the conversation, but he was more focused on how quickly she recuperated from their impromptu make-out session.