Chapter 19: I Want Crazy

A/N: Quick catch-up and clarification...

Beckett and Castle had a chance meeting in early early summer. They found out a lot about each other, including that they knew each other as kids and he's the famous author she loves. Beckett spent her vacation wit him and then got shot when she went back to work. They were both falling hard and she ends back in the Hampton's with him and Alexis again. In the last chapter, Castle says "I love you" when he thinks Kate is asleep. She hears him and just sits on it for a while... AND that's where this chapter starts, about a 2 week jump in time :) THANKS FOR READING!

P.S. This chapter is a bit of a rollercoaster of emotions... 

"Who cares if you're all I think about, I've searched the world and I know now. It ain't right if you ain't lost your mind. Yeah, I don't want easy, I want crazy. Are you with me baby? Let's be crazy." ~Hunter Hayes

________________________________________________________________

"Alexis!" Kate yelled up the stairs to the young redhead. "I'm leaving, sweetie!"

Kate heard Alexis' bare feet patter against the floor as she ran to the balcony. "Will you be back for dinner?!"

"Wouldn't miss it for the world, Lex. I'll be back soon."

"Bye, Kate! See you later!" With that, the young girl was out of sight and back in her room before her dad snuck up and slid his arms around Kate's waist.

"You're sure you don't want me to come with?"

Ever since that stormy day spent on the couch, Kate's been feeling overwhelmed. She doesn't know what to think anymore. Her feelings were jumbled. Knots filled not only her brain but her heart too. She wanted to be with him, wanted him, but the speed at which their were going made her want to run. She wasn't ready for this, any of this.

She knew that she could never leave him or his beautiful little girl, but when the urge to run took over, she needed to put some space between them to get her head back on straight. A few hours away to go to physical therapy was the perfect amount of time to clear her mind, even if she was nervous for her appointment.

"No, babe, I'll be fine, I promise. I think I'm going to do a little shopping after anyways. I'll be back in time to leave for dinner," she gave a sweet smile.

"Okay, Kate," he conceded and pulled her in for a hug, avoiding the sling. He pulled away and gently placed his hand under her chin. He slowly closed the space between them and connected their lips. Their chaste kiss ended when Kate tore her lips away. He whispered his goodbye before she turned and walked out the door.

__________

Hours later, Kate came storming through Castle's front door. Her feet were stomping on the ground and she wore a scowl on her face. She walked directly past him to the room they were sharing and finished her journey with a loud bang of the bedroom door.

Alexis had came to meet the detective when she walked onto the scene. She looked frightened and worried.

"Daddy?" she asked quietly, "Is Kate okay?"

He just looked at his daughter in utter confusion. "I don't know, Pumpkin," he shrugged, "but I'm going to find out. Why don't you go upstairs and keep playing. I'll make sure to come get you when everything settles."

Alexis only gave a small nod before turning for the stairs. Rick ran his fingers through his already messy hair. His hands just slid down his face as he tried to compose himself. Taking a deep breath, he prepared for whatever issues Kate hid behind his door and turned the knob to enter.