Chapter 5: Rule Number 1: Never Hit Send Too Soon

A/N Freckles = Dean, Blue Eyes = Castiel and the sentences in bold are the texts they send to each other (It's pretty clear when you read it).

Dean woke up to his alarm, actually feeling refreshed and happy. Well, as happy as you can be in the morning. He still isn't a morning person, nor will he ever be. Still, it was better than his usual morning, when Dean would feel like he got hit by a car.

Dean got out of bed and grabbed jeans, a plain white shirt combined with his usual leather jacket, hoping he could maintain "the bad boy" reputation he had at every school he went to.

He checked his phone, praying John hasn't called or texted him, instead he got a text from Cas.

Hello Dean, I just wanted to say that I had fun yesterday and thank you for dinner.

-Castiel

Dean smiled, well actually beamed, at the text as he quickly replied.

Hiya Cas, no problem! You can come over anytime. See you at school.

-Dean

Castiel is adorable.

Don't think like that! Just because he is gay doesn't mean he's into you.

However, not even his own mind could make the butterflies go away. They butterflies were probably nested inside his tummy, not planning on leaving. Dean pushed the thoughts away and called out to his little brother.

"Sam! Are you up?" Dean shouted, knowing Sam would be able to hear him through the paper thin walls. He heard a faint "yes" and decided on making breakfast as it was only a quarter past seven.

Right when Dean finished mixing up the batter, Sam came out of his room with a grumpy expression on his face.

"Good morning Sammy!" Dean sang, putting some butter in the pan.

"Why are you so cheerful?" Sam asked skeptically with one eyebrow raised.

"No reason." Dean lied, knowing full well his mood was affected by Castiel, in the best way possible.

"It's because of Cas, isn't it?" Sam questioned, already knowing the answer. He's happy that his brother is happy, truth be told he hasn't seen Dean this happy in months. Dean's usual dull eyes are now shining. The last time Sam saw a shine in Dean's eyes was when they sneaked out on the fourth of July to set off fireworks.

"Shut up."

They arrived at school, still bickering, but now about something else.

"We are so late."

"Calm down Sammy."

"Do. Not. Call. Me. Sammy."

"Of course Sammy."

"ARGH you're so annoying. And it's your fault we're late"

"I didn't make those pancakes for nothing!"

Sam sighed and got out of Baby, yelling a quick bye and ran off towards school. They were kind of late, but hey, those pancakes were heavenly and Dean wasn't going to waste them. Not that he actually cared if he was late or not, he was leaving soon anyway.

That's when it hit him, he was leaving and not coming back. He was probably not going to see Cas again, or even Charlie. He likes it here and he sure as hell doesn't want to go.

Dean was torn between ignoring Cas for his sake, or continue to be his friend for his own sake. Then he remembered the almost kisses and his beautiful eyes.