Maya

Note: The beginning of this takes place the morning of the last chapter. So basically this chapter will be long.
_____________________

I awoke the morning after the 'Note incident', as I like to call it, with my eyes crusted. They appeared that way due to my constant crying the night before, the thoughts of how Riley might react pounding in my head over and over.
Thinking about it again caused my thoughts of it to return.

She'll hate you forever

This'll all come crashing down, whenever you want something, it all gets messed up

There's no hope

How will she react

My thoughts got disrupted by a bird that flew into the window.
I didn't want to go to school.
My mom would make me anyway.
I decided to take out my sketchbook and procrastinate.
Thinking of Riley made me feel better, but I didn't seem to remember that it would make me break down.
I took out a pencil and drew smooth, light lines across the page. The lines slowly turned into a head, then into Riley.
As soon as I saw her face, it reminded me of the other day. I hid my face behind my hands and started to cry, the same thoughts rushing through my mind.
Suddenly my alarm beeped.

How did I wake up before my alarm?

I must've just wanted to go straight to sleep when I got home yesterday. I giggled at that, but soon got up and washed up.

After getting dressed, I went into the bathroom to brush my teeth.
All the crust from my eyes that were once full of tears had washed away. I stared at the two eyes on my white T-shirt, those of which were surrounded by a red velvet jacket and jeans. I quickly brushed my teeth and washed my face before rushing out the door. I walked up to Riley's window.

No

I'm just... Not going with her today. She'll understand.

I held back the tear forming in my eye and walked towards the school. As I walked in, I felt a strange urge to grab someone's hand.

No Riley, ya dummy

I walked to my locker and saw Riley.
A chill ran up my spine as I walked up to my locker and opened it. When Riley was acting strange I snapped at her.
My stomach twisted at the fact that I just yelled at her.

Then it happened.

Riley said she read the note. Piece of paper. Everything.
I felt my stomach churn.
She read my secret. The thing I've been feeling my whole life.
All I could say was "Oh."

The bell rang as Riley fit her arm in the crease of mine. Sure, I let her link her arm with mine, only because it was a good sign.

In class, Mr. Matthews talked about my most hated play, made me feel the most uncomfortable, and made me cry on the inside.

Not that.

No.

Why do you hate me?

As the bell rang I let out a sigh of relief and went to my locker.
I took a look at the only thing that calmed me down.

The Girl From Ipanema

This song reminded me of someone. Someone amazing to me.
I snapped out of it when Riley tapped me on the shoulder.
"Maya, I just... Wanted to say I'm sorry."
I stood there confused.
"Sorry for what?" I questioned.
"For pushing you to tell me something. And not only something, something that was important to you. Something that you would rather keep to yourself." She explained
I laughed.
"Riley, I... You made me feel... Better. Um, I'm finally open with you, Riley, and I'm happy. There's no reason to say you're sorry." I said in a half hearted manner.
"No, Maya, I saw your eyes, they were puffy this morning. You can't lie to me Maya, I know you. Your voice was congested, like you were sick."

Darn

"Well maybe I am sick." I answered.
Riley giggled. "Maya, if you were truly sick, your puffy eyes and congested voice would still be existent."
"Darn you and your mind reading abilities." I said jokingly, a slight smile on my face.
"I'm gonna go home, hopefully you'll come by." Riley said, walking off.

At least she doesn't hate me

As Riley walked off, I felt a tap on my shoulder.
"Ugh, who is it n-" it was Mr. Matthews.
"Maya, I need to talk to you."

______________________
Author's note
Sorry for making Maya cry. This chapter probably isn't considered very long, because I read things that I think are long but are actually very short, but its fine because I got nothing but time. Also that song is actually in Maya's locker, or I think so, the last word is cut off by a heart, but you can see an 'I' at the beginning and an 'a' at the end (I found this on tumblr). Ahh I'll see you in the next chapter aha.