Feelings

Maya

I rushed out of the window as fast as lightning.
I didn't know what I was doing, I just got caught up in the moment.

I mean it's not like it was my fault, Riley was being so beautiful and intimate

That's not a good reason, dummy

I shook my head.

Pay attention, no need for funny business

I walked up to the usual hangout, Topanga's

Walking in there felt terrible without Riley and the others.
I was alone. No one that I knew was there.
Riley was at her house, probably gagging at what I was about to do, and Topanga was at the house as well.
I bought a cup of coffee with the little money I had left and sat down.
I questioned myself dozens of times.

Why did I do that?

Why do you push your feelings away like this?

Stop doing this

I wanted to stay in the moment with Riley, but at the same time I wanted to run away from the whole thing.
I wanted to disappoint myself.

After finishing my coffee I walked out of the bakery.
After about three steps out of the bakery I bumped into someone.
That someone was Riley.
I shouldn't have told myself to stop pushing my feelings away, or else this wouldn't have happened.
I took a deep breath, waiting for the horrifying words to come flying out of Riley's mouth.
"Hi, Maya. Um... How about we go inside?" She said.
No, no, no! I didn't want this. I didn't want Riley to be all nervous, because that's what made her relationship with Lucas a failure!
I nodded as I went inside the bakery once more, although I wasn't alone this time.
As we sat down quietly I looked over at the beautiful girl, her hair pulled back, dangling over her purple, flower-patterned, dress. I sighed. "Riley, how many times am I going to have to tell you this? Talk to me." I demanded.
Riley smiled. "Sorry, I just don't know what to do when my best friend is in love with me." She replied.
That made me lose the one shard of hope left in me.
She doesn't know what to do?
That's hopeless. Hope is for suckers.
"Well I'm sorry for ruining your world." I said, slowly looking down.
Riley reached her arm around me and I rested my head on her shoulder.
This is just an ordinary day activity for us. Nothing changed.
"Maya, why do you love me exactly?" Riley asked, pulling her arm off of me. I looked at her. "You're... You're the person I'm not. The person I could never be. You... You light up my world when it all goes to crap. My life wouldn't be complete without you." I answered.
Riley smiled. "That's sweet, Maya."
I looked up at her. "The real question is what you feel about me." I responded. Riley giggled. "Well, I'm really not sure." She answered.
That's it.
Everything's gone.

I shouldn't of asked that question.

I weakly smiled as I looked down at Riley's lips.
I then got up and walked to the door.
"Where are you going?" Riley asked, concerned.
"Doesn't matter, you'll know." I answered.
Riley smiled. "It's open."
I then turned and left the bakery, this time actually making it out.

Wow.

              _________________________
                       Author's Note
Well I'm sorry for this short            chapter. Ehh I'm tired so don't blame me.
See ya later!