What's On That Piece Of Paper?

Mr. Matthews sat at his desk as Maya sat at hers.
The blonde looked annoyed as Cory fumbled with his briefcase, trying to get it open.
Maya impatiently tapped her fingers on the desk until she became fully impatient.
"What is this about?" Maya snapped.
Mr. Matthews flinched at the blondes sudden words, and quickly turned towards her.
"Well, Riley mentioned a... Note? It was making her upset. I just wanted to know why."
Maya's impatient expression turned into a frustrated frown.

'Do you have to tell everyone, Riley?' Maya thought

Maya shut her eyes before telling the curly haired teacher.
"I told Riley something that she pushed me to tell her. Well, I wrote it down. She probably just thinks I hate her." She explained. Cory nodded. "What was that something?" He asked.
Maya rolled her eyes. "Can't you mind your own business for once, Matthews?" She said, annoyed.
"Maya, do not talk to me like that, if it's a personal thing, I'll let you go." Maya laughed.
"Mr. Matthews, I don't like talking about this. I'll just... Go, because I'm pretty sure you'll find out what this is all about later." She said, smiling. She soon walked out, just to go to that same teacher's house.

Maya didn't think she would go back to the brunette's house until she remembered how much she meant to her. As she climbed through Riley's window, she knew that her best friend would be waiting there for her.
"Hey Maya." Riley greeted. Maya giggled. "Riley, talk to me." Maya said.
Riley's lips parted but Maya interrupted. "No, I mean actually talk to me." She snapped. Riley nodded.
"How could I not know about this until now?" Riley questioned.
"About what?" Maya asked.
"Never mind." Riley answered. Maya looked away.
"How come you always... Look away?" Riley asked. Maya laughed. "Because I'm scared of what comes next." She answered. Riley sighed. "Everything in my world is changing. I don't want it to." Riley said. Maya clenched her fists. "Well maybe I do!" Maya exclaimed. Riley looked over at the blonde. "Wow, way to overreact." Riley said.
Maya started to cry, burying her face into Riley's arm.
The blonde lifted her stained face from Riley's arm as soon as she let everything out. She looked at Riley with a smile.
Maya had no control over her instincts and leaned closer and closer to Riley's face.
She suddenly realized what she was doing and jumped out of the window.
Riley sighed as she went to her desk and picked up the piece of paper from the day this all started.

'Maya, you can't hide your feelings' Riley thought

She opened up the the folded paper once more and read the name written in pen.

'Riley'

_______________________
Author's note
Kind of cliffhanger? I really don't know if this is exciting for you but I'm excited to write the next chapter after this, because that's when all the feelings come out. Happy new year! See ya in the next chapter!