Chapter Eleven- Vexi

As I ran to the twins' house, all you could hear was the twins' screaming. As I open the door the first glimpse I get is NightStar with his tiny paws covering his ears as he whines. 

"Common boy, lets go to a much... quieter place for us to sleep." As soon as those words left my mouth, NightStar immediately stood up and climbed onto me and calmly sat on my head. 

As the twins' fought in the background, I started to pack up the few items I owned, my bow, my quiver, my hair tie.

Quietly I leave the house and I started to head towards the shack. On my way there, I saw a family leave their home because the twins were too loud to sleep. The small family contained the two parents and a small young girl.

I later decided to walk up to them to see what's up. 

"Hey... Why you guys up?" I asked in a innocent manner.

Then the father looked up and gave me a tired smile, "Those kids never shut up sometimes... Luckily we own a house on the off side of the island for us to sleep in."

"If you guys want I can help you guys settle down since I have a strong dragon to help."

Then the little blonde hair girl looked up with a small tired smile with a missing front tooth, "That little thing can't help pick our stuff silly." She smiles as she laughs to herself.

"Oh trust me, he can pick up your stuff." I smile as I sat down to her level.

"Vexi right?" The mother asked.

"Yep, that's me." I reply as I fix the little girl's hair.

"What a wonderful sight to see that you are still smiling even though after all of that happened today." She smiles as she places a hand on my cheek, she seemed really familiar so I didn't finch when she touched me slightly.

"Thanks, I can't let my future get ruined by one event."

"I can see that, Vexi we are fine, in fact I think the twins are actually asleep now. Go back into the house Lilly." She orders as she looks at the girl. As she walks into her home, her mother handed me a small pillow and a blanket, "For your next few nights here at Berk." she explains and heads back inside.

I turn around with a smile on my face and I went inside the shack that I was assigned to. I placed down my stuff and settled down.

"Alright this is way quieter." I lie down and closed my eyes.

~~~~ Sometime later ~~~~

"Burn her alive!!!!!" 

My eyes widen in horror and I immediately stood up. In the corner of my eye, I see five flaming arrows fly through a open window and it hits a wood wall on the other side of me. 

As I see the fire spread, even more arrows were getting shot. My ears kept ringing from shock as I stood up and headed towards the stairs and I started to climb them trying to keep my screams contained, someone was obviously trying to kill me and leaving by the front door would be a suicide mission.

Before I even get to the top of the stairs, I started to hear ripping above me. As I look up to see what was going on it was already too late, the wooden roof was already on its way down towards me. As I tried to jump off its way, my left shoulder got stabbed by a nail on the side of the board. The pain was unbearable but I kept fighting but now I was screaming in pain.

"NIGHTSTAR!!!!!" I yell in pain as I grab the board with both of my hands and pushed it away.

"Why are these nails so sharp!" I yell crying. When I got lose enough, I ran all the way up the stairs.

"Star?! Where are you!!!" I yell running around. The smoke was filling my lungs since all the smoke decided to float all the way up the stairs. As I started to cough like crazy, I hear a loud roar from my right. Immediately, I ran right as I see NightStar's wing under a huge piece of wood. Also I realized that he grew and now he was in his big form. He grew to protect me. Flattered, I ran up to him and I tried to help him out but he got a grip on my shirt with his teeth and pulled me next to him as he pulled his good wing over me. I couldn't see a thing just red fire. I started to cry, fearing that this was the end. Then I heard him roar in pain once again.

"Common buddy we can make it!" I yell between tears. Then at that moment I blacked out.