Chapter Three- Vexi

"Dad!" Someone familiar yells and startles me so I faced the door to see that it was a guy about my size and age, brown hair, and emerald eyes? My eyes widen, he grew so much and he seemed happier, less bullied. 

"Vexi?!" Hiccup looks down at me with wide eyes as if he saw someone from his past.

All I do is nod and run up to him with wide arms. When I reach him I hug him tightly while he hugs me back.

After a few seconds, I finally whisper, "My parents are gone, Hiccup. I am never going to leave again..." I let go of him and I could barely look up at him to see that he was looking at me with sad eyes. Then he suddenly smiles with a really bright smile.

"Well, at least you're here right! Astrid is going to get excited when she sees you!" I smile. This is a good friend right here. He understands me well enough that he knows what will cheer me up to make me feel better. I was Hiccup's only friend back then sadly. All the kids would bully him and tease him that he was a whip, worthless. We became good friends because we both started working at Gobber's shop around the same time as Hiccup.

"I will find a place for you to spend the night... Nice to see you again Victoria." Stoick looks at me with a welcoming smile as he stands up and waves goodbye as he leaves.

Then suddenly I hear Stoick yell in surprise, "Oh... Hello, Toothless!" My eyes widen with shock. I run past Hiccup to punch him on the arm.

"Why didn't you tell me you have a Night Fury!" I yell as I run towards Toothless and I started scratching his scaly neck.

"Yeah, I think he likes you, good sign." I turn around to look at Hiccup rubbing his arm where I hit him before then I noticed he only had one foot. He lost a foot... My eyes widen.

"Uh, what happened there?!" I yell as I point at his peg leg.

"Huh... an accident that happened a year ago..." Then I heard a happy squeal behind me.

"Whata?" I turn around and see a blonde with braided hair that was running up towards me.

"You remember me?" I ask, shocked as I held out my arms.

"Of course Vexi! How can I forget you, old pal!" Astrid hugs me and when she lets go she punches me on my arm.

"Yep, you haven't changed," I answer softly with a small smile as I rub my arm trying to ease the pain.

"You, you need to be nice." Hiccup interrupts. "I am that's how I say 'I missed you!'" Astrid yells, smiling. I knew her too well to know that she was fake smiling.

"Ohhhh... so you miss Snotlout a lot then." Hiccup answered with a grin. Astrid looked at him with a death glare. Ohh stuff is going to get real...

"If you want to live I suggest you don't say that again," I answer pulling a very angry Astrid away.

"Want to go to our hang out?" Astrid whispers as we were walking towards her house.

"It's... it's still there?" I ask in a surprised voice.

"No der, a cave is just going to disappear!" She yells the obvious.

"Okay then, sorry for asking something so obvious." I laugh as reach into my quiver and I took out a piece of chicken.

"You need to meet my dragon, NightStar," I tell her as I show her the piece of chicken.

"Your dragon is a piece of chicken? Or is it a color changing dragon?" Astride asks in confusion. I laugh at her confused face and hold out my chicken in front of me.

"Come out buddy!" I yell as Astrid looks at me awkwardly. Then, on cue, NightStar perks its head out of my quiver then I threw a chicken leg up in the air.