Chapter Eight- Hiccup

As I ran out of the Great Hall, I saw her still running with her axe and she kept swinging and swinging.

"Astrid!!!!" I yell as I got closer to her, not fearing the fact that she had a weapon.

"Leave me alone, Hiccup. Go back and finish your food." Astrid mutters as she keeps running but in a slower speed than before.

"No... I kinda lost my apatite. What is going on Astrid?"

"Nothing! I'm fine! Hiccup, leave me alone for once."

"Astrid..."

"WHAT!!!!" She yells turning around with her axe pointed at me. I felt a tug in my heart seeing that she was willing to hurt me but I ignored it the best I could.

"Astrid there is something bothering you. I can tell." I mention as I look at her, straight in the eyes. She slowly lowers her axe and looks everywhere but me. I couldn't keep looking at her with those hurt eyes so I took a sudden interest on the ground below me until I heard a small thud and I had to look back at her. Her beautiful eyes were full of tears. She was debating in her mind weather or not to tell me her problems.

"Astrid... I'm just trying to help." I try to explain as I get closer to her.

"Fine... Hiccup you win... My dad has been really sick lately, Hiccup... I have too much stress on me right now to deal with those idiots! I... If I was to lose my dad... I... I will never forgive myself. I'm trying my best to give him what he needs but I can't do it all. I need help. And my mother... She isn't exactly the good one in this situation. She wants me to do stuff... And I don't want to do them just yet." She explains with a tear escaping her eye. I look at her with sad eyes and as I hold out my hands to bring her in for a hug... Instead of a hug, she gives me a quick kiss on my lips. My mind went blank when she kissed me and I really wanted to kiss back but the kiss was over before I could react. Then suddenly she brings me in for a hug and I wasn't able to move because of the shock within my heart. I really want to ask her out... I hugged her back tightly.

"Um... Astrid?" I gulp. I was about to ask but then the thought of her telling me that we are just friends literally stopped me from asking.

"Yes, Hiccup?" Astrid replies. Then I took under consideration that a relationship will probably stress her out even more.

"Nothing..." I muttered.

Then I saw a sudden movement up ahead... Then I noticed Vexi. When she saw me and Astrid she stopped, smiled then she gave me a thumps up. And slowly turned back to the Great Hall without making a sudden sound. I smiled as well. She's an amazing friend when it comes to understanding but Astrid is my main friend for sure. Astrid let's go slowly and looks at me in the eyes. She wasn't crying that much anymore. 

"Thanks." She said smiling. Still confused on what was happening she punched me on the arm and ran off. I stood there like what felt like 20 minutes just thinking on what just happened to me.

I wonder what was the stuff that Astrid's mom wanted her to do... She was a good and tuff viking. There is nothing bad to say about her and her father is fearless but I guess when it comes to illness, not so much.

I then heard the door creak open to reveal the gang tired and sleepy.

"Common Vexi it won't be as bad." Ruff had her arm around Vexi's neck and was leading her. Oh yeah right she sleeping at her house tonight. I feel bad for her.

~~~~

"Hey, Dad." I greet as I walk in the house and was already heading down stairs when I felt a sudden tug at my collar. I slowly turn around and faced him, "How is Victoria doing?" Dad asks.

"I think she is doing fine... I mean she already has a job on her first day,"

"Let me guess, she is still wondering about her parents." Dad asks as he places his huge beefy hands on my shoulders.

"Yeah... I mean she did lose both of them at once."

"Son, I am actually considering to become her guardian till she finds her parents."

"Seriously?" I ask. Vexi will become kind of like a sister to me. Well... She kind of already took that role.

"I'm still thinking. Unless someone else takes her in... I will have to be it." My dad explains.

I nod and I headed up stairs and I decided to lay on my bed with my hands over my stomach... Thinking...

Should have I asked Astrid out? I mean she is single. Why can't I just walk up to her and ask her out. We are sixteen crying out loud I wouldn't think that her parents wouldn't let her date.

But she is already stressed enough...

I look at my desk and realized that I wasnt going to sleep anytime soon. So I stood up and started drawing in my beloved journal.

My hands did their own thing without me even realizing that I was drawing Astrid all along. When I noticed at the drawing before me, I closed it and headed out with my journal in hand.

A peaceful walk should clear up my thoughts right?

As I pass Toothless peacefully taking a nap outside in the snow, I felt like waking him up.

"Bud." I greet as I pat his head. When he sees me he looks at me with worry.

"Come along bud." I tell him and I kept walking with him following right behind.

Used to be 258 words,
Now 987 words.