One Week To King Crown

Lunch was as tedious as always, the loud chatter of over-worked teens filled the great space. Kellin looked around his table in silent contemplation. His groups of friends hadn't changed since Middle School when he met the crazy pack of wild Mexicans. Out of all of the kid in the lunch room that day, they chose to sit with him and they became fast friends.

Ever since they became friends, the group always argued about who knew Kellin best. They had never had an outsider in their group, everyone they had tried to be friends with rejected them, until Kellin. That's why every year the guys attempted to prove their Kellin-Knowledge by buying the best birthday gift for him. And every year Kellin refuses to pick the best gift.

It's that time again and tension that always surrounds Kellin's special day is hanging in the air. One week, that's all they have until the final birthday competition, Kellin's 18th birthday.

As the school day wore down, Vic started to get nervous about his plans. He has always had a very personal connection to his music and Kellin has been the only person to really see him perform, but this is for something special, and the thought of rejection was scarier than performing in front of the small party that Kellin is sure to have. He knew he had the perfect gift this year.

Vic's last class of the day, Music, is his favorite. Not only because of the musical aspect but because he has that class with Kellin without any of the guys. That is the class that he got to know Kellin the best, where they got closer than ever before. The place he was perfecting his gift.

On the opposite end, Mike was clueless, he loved Kellin like a brother, but he had no idea what to get him. It was his last chance to be spectacular-  though he was spectacular on most days. Kellin had helped him through a lot, he had helped him realize he was gay. Without Kellin, Mike wouldn't have had the nerve to ask Tony on a date. Kellin is special and nothing seemed enough for him. Mike thought all through the first half of his history class, the last class of the day, just wondering how to repay Kellin for what he did. He wasn't sure what he was going to do, but he knew he had to convince Vic to do whatever it was.

Jaime has never been a sentiment person, at times he was viewed as insensitive or immature. He knew what he got had to be big and had to scream 'Hime-time was here'. As he wrote his boring paper in English class that day, he suddenly got an amazing idea. His gift was sure to top everyone's.

Tony knew what he was getting, he had made it months in advance and kept it in his room under his bed. The gift was one that he knew Kellin would enjoy for years, something that he could keep forever. Tony quietly enjoyed art, wondering of his boyfriend and his friends.

All the guys hung out that night, stress-free and loudly as they always had. Even though they were not always on the best of terms, these boys knew they would have forever with each other- as friends or otherwise.