Birthday

"Happy Birthday!" mum and dad shouted as they burst into my room. I smiled shaking my head I'm 20 and they still get excited when it's my birthday. "Thank you," I replied sleepily, I gave them a hug and I opened my curtains to let in light so I could read my birthday cards. 

They both left so I could get ready. I was feeling happy as it was my birthday and I was going to spend it with my favourite people. I decided to wear something cheerful today, I picked my white dress which just came to half way down my thighs and I wore my black pointed high heels. I didn't want to ruin my look by putting heavy dark make-up on so I used light shades and very little eyeliner etc. I found a present on my bed, it was what I really needed. Hair dye. The colour was dark brown, I ran into the bathroom and put an old t-shirt over the top of my dress so that I did not get dye on it. I washed it in and finally conditioned my hair. I smiled as I looked into the mirror, it was a change, but a nice one.

 I ran downstairs careful not to fall and sat down on the wooden chair in the kitchen. My mum gasped, "You look beautiful," she smiled. I no longer looked like a Goth. I had my breakfast and waited for a phone call off Ella, we were going shopping until the night time where we would be heading out for a meal and drink to celebrate.

"SET THE WORLD ON FIRE!" my phone began to sing. I answered, "Hi, Ella." She giggled, "Hi, come outside, I'm waiting." Without hesitation I grabbed my cream clutch bag and opened the front door and as promised she was there standing with the others. I climbed in the front of the van and we talked all the way to the mall.  "Happy Birthday!" they all burst out. "You look lush!" Sammi smiled.  "Thank you," I replied. I glanced at Andy who appeared to be staring at me taking in my new appearance. "You checking her out?" Jake chuckled looking at Andy. He punched Jake in the arm, "I can't help it, she looks stunning." I blushed trying to hide the fact I really liked him too. 

We finally arrived at the mall and I had £300 to spend. I looked around and was enticed into nearly every shop we spotted. Ella pulled me into a clothes shop and took me into the casual wear section. Juliet smiled as I picked up a white long top with a black horse head on it and some ripped mini shorts (blue).  I bought them and the others also left with at least, a dress, some shorts, jackets and tops. Sammi took us into a hair dressers so we would all be ready for tonight. I had extensions put in and had my hair cut and feathered, I also had it washed and dried. Juliet had her hair dyed, Sammi had a fringe put in and Ella had her hair layered and washed.

After 6 hours of shopping I left my new friends and went in the shower at home. Looking at my hair I smiled and began to use the dryer to dry it. I put my top and shorts I had bought on and I also put my black plimsolls on, for the first time I actually liked the way I looked. Someone knocked on my door. It was Andy. I opened the door and he handed me a card and present. "Thank you!" I shouted. He grinned. I pulled him into a hug that felt amazing. I shouted bye to my parents and then climbed in the tour bus with everyone. This was going to be the best birthday I have ever had!