Whose Head Is Harder?

Picture of Gio above:)
After I drop off Carson at his house, I walk home. When I see Mom's car in the driveway, my brow furrows and I quickly walk in.

"Mom?" I yell.

"In the kitchen!" She says back. I make my way there and slump down in a chair next to the counter.

"What are you doing home?" I ask. She looks up from the pasta she's boiling and raises an eyebrow.

"I could ask you the same question. It's only two o'clock."

I sigh, "Yeah, we had a complication at school."

Her brow furrows and she turns to temperature of the burner down before leaning on the bar.

"What's got you so down, Hun?" She asks.

"Carson got in a fight with Blue Jones because I've been hanging out with him and Car doesn't like it," I confess.

"Carson got in a fight? With Melanie Jones' son?" She asks incredulously, and I nod grimly.

She shakes her head, "Wow, I always expected you to be a heartbreaker. But I never expected other guys to do the breaking for you."

My cheeks burn, "So why are you home so early? And making food, no less."

She rolls her eyes at me, "You act as if I've never cooked for you before. Anyways, your aunt Aida and uncle Peter are coming over for dinner. So I'm making Italian just like your father taught me."

Usually, the comment about the Sperm Donor would make my mood worse, but I'm so happy about my aunt and uncle coming I barely even react.

"Really? Will Gio come too?" I ask excitedly, hoping my favorite cousin comes to visit. She nods with a grin.

I almost squeal with excitement.

"Alright, I'll go clean up," I respond quickly before jumping off the stool. I quickly check the living room, which is clean. No surprise there.

No matter how high or drunk Micah gets he always manages to cover his tracks.

At the thought, I walk in his room and find him on the computer.

"Hey, Sis, aren't you home early?" He says when he realizes I've entered. He turns his face towards me, revealing eyes devoid of redness, and incoherency.

"Good, you're sober. Stay that way, okay? Gio's coming over and I really don't want you to ruin it," I say forcefully, with a hint of pleading.

His face gets serious, and a flicker of guilt passes over his face before he nods.

Without another word, I exit his room and go to clean up mine.

By the time five rolls around, I'm practically jumping up and down by the door.

"You're gonna wear a hole in the carpet, Sis," Micah comments from the couch. I open my mouth to retort, but stop when the door opens.

Gio walks through the door, smiling brightly, and I immediately wrap my arms around him in a bone crushing hug.

"Missed you too, cuz," he mumbles into my hair before pulling away.

Gio used to spend the summers with me and Nonna too. His mom is my father's sister, and my mom and aunt Aida have stayed good friends.

He's in his senior year of high school too, but he goes to the private school, Saint Collin's. He goes there on a baseball scholarship. From what I can tell, he's super popular over there too.

It doesn't surprise me, though, since he's the very definition of tall dark and handsome.

Which you could probably blame on our Italian roots.