Chapter Twenty Seven

Chapter 27

•Harry•

"Harry? I'm home!" A soft voice called through the walls of the Wolverhampton home. I grinned stupidly to myself, and I raised my eyes to observe Mrs. Richards, who was staring at me in awe.

"In the den love." I called back, to which Mrs. Richards smiled like a love struck teenager.

"Hey," Ali said breathlessly, her eyes locked with mine. She was still in her dance gear, with a black suit framing her small figure. She had grey sweats hanging loosely on her hips, and her fuzzy slippers still on her feet. Needless to say, she's beautiful. She always is.

"Hey."

"Alison! Take off your shoes!" Her mother scolded. Ali rolled her eyes mockingly, but went quickly to the front foyer. "Take good care of her, Harry. She's been waiting for you for a while," she whispered as soon as Ali was out of earshot. I smiled to myself as she ruffled my curls and walked off.

"Hey, I'm back," Ali grinned.

"Hey," I said lightly. Why was she being so quiet? "Are you alright?"

"Er... Yeah. I'm just scared,"

"Of what?"

"Well I guess I'm not scared. Just nervous. But I got a solo today," She grinned.

"Excuse me, but what's a solo?"

"You don't know what a solo is? You aren't my boyfriend!" She giggled. "Nah, I'm joking. A solo is where I have a routine that I perform all by myself. Nobody else. Just me, the stage and the lights," She sighed blissfully.

"You love it don't you?" I murmured absently.

"Yeah,"

"But not as much as you love me, right?" I grinned. She laughed.

"Of course not!" She smiled, planting a kiss on my nose. "Where did my mum go?"

"Just to the kitchen."

"Is she okay?"

"Yeah, she wanted to give us alone time." I said, wiggling my eyebrows. She smacked my arm lightly, and giggled. The sound made my heart flutter.

"I think she's starting to like you more than she likes me." She said quietly. I smirked.

"I have that effect on people."

"You're a goof. I'm starved, let's get some food. You're either driving or cooking." She grinned.

"I'll drive."

"Sounds good." She grinned, and ran up to her bedroom to change quickly.

"Here, Harry." Ali's mom handed me twenty Euros. My eyes widened.

"That's okay, Ms. Richards. That's really not necessary." I told her earnestly, handing it back to her. She frowned, a confused look on her face.

"Mom, stop making Harry feel awkward. We'll be back later, I love you." Ali called over her shoulder as she grabbed my hand and lightly pulled me out the door.

"Don't be so mean to your mum."

"You're only saying that because she actually likes you." Ali said emotionlessly, looking out her window.

"She loves you."

"When you're around." She responded quickly. I sighed. When she makes up her mind, God alone couldn't change it.

"Where do you want to go?"

"Doesn't matter to me." she grinned, following me down to my car.

"Let's hit a Nando's, and we can have a romantic fast food dinner in the park."

"Sounds lovely." Ali laughed. I climbed into the drivers seat, and waited until she looked comfortable to grab her hand.

"How many more days are we here?" I asked her absently.

"Two more days until we get on the plane." she sighed.

"Aw,"

"I know." she grinned jokingly. "Seventeen more days until we get to go to America... Seventeen more days until your band explodes with fame..." She trailed off.

"At least I'll have you."

"And the boys," she added.

"And the boys." I sighed.

"Harry!" She exclaimed. "Stop acting so sad! You should be happy!"

"Why aren't you?" I asked. The question obviously caught her of guard. She had been leaning forward, looking at me. Now she stared blankly ahead, sunken down in her seat.

"I am." she stated.

"Ali, would you lie to me?"

"No!"

"Alright," I sighed, letting it go. "What do you want to eat?"