9

Calum

I began to get used to seeing Michael every single day. Every month or so, he'd appear by the train with a different hair color but he always had the same, beautiful green eyes that I'm falling in love with.

He was just so perfect, from head to toe. Whether it was his fashion or his messy hair days or his faultless pickup lines that made zero sense whatsoever, I still adored him. But I was afraid that he'd find somebody else, someone a thousand times better than me who could treat him better than I do. I still refuse to label us as friends, as I don't like growing attached too anyone too quickly. But the way he hugs me whenever I feel sad is something I just can't explain. He makes me feel like I'm on top of the world and I hate it.

"You should work at Starbucks, because I like you a latte."

I only partially laughed, it wasn't genuine or anything but I noticed that Michael was staring at me intently. His eyes held so much fondness and adoration. He's only playing games with you, Calum. He'd never love someone like you. Remember that.

"Hey, what's the matter?"

"I'm just thinking."

"About?"

That's another thing I loved about Michael. His words always sparked off curiosity, he was eager to know everything whether it had to do with him or someone else. While he's annoying and cocky, he's also the most down to earth guy I've ever met. I wish I could tell him who I really am but I can't. We've been seeing each other on the train nearly everyday withholding ten minute conversations. I've gotten used to him sitting down beside me with a multi grain bagel topped with strawberry cream cheese or a packet of skittles while I held nothing but my beverage.