33

Calum

I was starting to regret telling my sister about Michael in the first place. I mean sure, she helped me land a couple of dates and a chance to become great friends and more with the blue haired boy but she takes everything way too seriously and makes things out to be worse or better than they actually are.

"What do you mean you kissed?"

"Lip to lip?"

"You didn't tell me," Mali frowned and then I frowned because I didn't really know I was supposed to.

"I'm sorry, it's just-"

"You're afraid. I know."

At least somebody understood what it was like.

I was out shopping with her today because she needed to find a dress since she was going out with her boyfriend. And while I felt annoyed that I had to tag along, it was nice in a way. Because we could spend time bonding and I wouldn't have to sit there and feel lonely because her main focus would be on my opinion about a dress rather than the electronic device in her hand that she calls her baby. It's funny to me really, because I never really use my phone. And it pisses my mum off but she still pays the bills for it because she knows I need to listen to music to calm me down sometimes. Well everyday actually, because I have panic attacks a lot.

"What do you think of this one?"

"It's nice."

Mali rolled her eyes at me for the fifth time today. I was starting to feel obligated to leave because she looked nice in everything but disagreed with what I'd have to say.

"I need someone who's going to be a honest with me. Someone who's a little blunt."

"Well if you're comfortable with it then I can call Michael and have him come down here."

"Please do."

-

I was surprised that he actually came. I'd expect him to blow us off because he preferred staying home to play video games or whatever. But I did say that he could buy me French fries even though chances are unlikely that I'd eat them. Food just isn't my friend. But it sure is Michael's best friend.

"That color doesn't look good on you. Unless you're trying to look like a walking lemon then I suggest you try on something else."

Mali looked slightly offended at Michaels comment but she said she wanted blunt and Michael was exactly that kind of person. He's never been afraid to express his opinion, which I guess is why it was so easy for him to talk to me. Though again, using a pick up line was probably the worst yet most interesting way to do it.

"How about this one?" Mali asked as she scanned the mirror. It was a dark blue one that suited her figure nicely.

"It's too casual. You said this was for a date, right?" She nodded. "Well, you want to look like a hot tamale. Not some blueberry looking ass palm tree."

"You're so rude," Mali scolded with a laugh following after. Michael was being kind of harsh but I knew she appreciated his help nonetheless. And I enjoyed staring at the back of him because it was pretty nice.

"Alright. Then you pick something out for me because apparently my taste in fashion is terrible."

"Well it is. You called me up so I'm going to be your fashion adviser. Calum, stay here and distract your sister while I find something breathtaking."

And that's exactly what I did. The two of us talked, kind of but it was about him. She told me that she found it hilarious how mesmerized I was over him, and how I never moved my eyes away from the strands of his hair and his body all together. And it would have been a lie if I said that I wasn't blushing because I definitely was and Michael came back at the wrong time.