24

Michael

"Please tell me you've heard yourself sing."

Calum, he had the cutest and brightest smile displaying his features. His cheeks looked soft and rather puppy like and his brown eyes soaked into my pale skin and I could almost feel his embrace just by watching him gaze into my green eyes in which a spark was delivered. It wasn't like a firework in a pitch black sky, because that's normally a feeling you get when you're drunk off of somebody's lips. Calum, however can make sparks ignite inside of me just by smiling and being who he is. That's pretty special.

"I've heard myself sing and talk," I retorted, being as cocky as possible because that's just who I am. I can't control it and it seems to amuse Calum so why stop?

"I'm being serious, Michael."

"So am I, and if you're questioning me in a way where you're delivering a compliment and you have no clue how to say it, I accept that and thank you loads for thinking I am an excellent singer."

"That was really jumbled together," Calum mumbled with his eyebrows knitted near one another and his hands clamming against each other. I also noticed his fingernails were a different color. They were a pastel pink and he was wearing a gold ring which made me wonder who gave it to him or when he bought it.

"Sorry," I replied quietly, forgetting that he doesn't catch on as easily as some people. He's somewhat slow, but I love it. I love every detail about him.

"You're a really good singer. I wish I was as talented as you."

There he went again. Letting those mindless thoughts inside of his head overtake him like a microscope staring at a sky with a millennium of stars and he only being the smallest one that received no attention what so ever. I loved that small star because he was he was the small star that diverted into a galaxy and gave the night a beautiful light that everyone stares at when they feel the need to be calm. He allowed the poison to envelop in his veins and grow like the seeds that are growing in the soil that our feet walk on. And he's forgetting that he's the moonlight and is capable of over shining a city and making the world fade into nothing but beauty.

"Why are you always so hard on yourself?"

"I'm not," Calum denied, not wanting to admit that he was devastated over the fact that he wasn't good enough when he was more than he could imagine and someone I desperately wanted to be and be with.

"You are. You're always shutting yourself down over the little things, especially your body. And I don't understand why that is. Your body is the only thing you have to live in for the rest of your life and you're treating it with hate rather than love."

"Isn't the weather nice?" He pursed, trying to change the conversation but miserably failing because there was no way I was going to let this go.

"Stop trying to change the subject, Calum. I honestly don't understand why you hate yourself so much. There isn't a difference between you and I or that man sitting on the park bench or that woman standing in a grocery store trying to find something to eat. We're all the same."

"No Michael. We're not the same. The difference between you and I is that you have an amazing body and muscular arms and a toned stomach and a nice face. You have everything I don't. You might think that the woman in the grocery store is just like me but that will never be true because she's probably incredibly skinny."

"And if she has rolls on her stomach?" I argued, trying to put it through his mind that we're all the same regardless of the size of our waists and hips.