14. Not everything has a happy ending

Hi! This chapter is a little bit short and you're probably not going to like it very much but just please stick with me, everthing's going to turn around. xx

__________________________________________________

KYLIE's POV

I know it wasn't the right thing to do. Running off. Acting like a coward. But i'm not ready for this. What would i do if Blake would end up in prison? I can't let that get in the way of my school life. I can't be with Blake. I've just realised that what if we really are so different? I belong to Alan and he belongs to the White witch. We can't be together. It was nice, sure. But having a relationship with the guy that always gets into fights and trouble isn't an easy thing. Constantly being worried if he will get hurt or if he will run away from the police. I mean he got a final warning, just one small offence more and he will be sent to prison. It isn't a joke anymore.

My dad picked me up infront of the station and currently we are quietly sitting in the car avoiding looking at eachother. He really has no idea how to give me a lecture. He has never done it. Mum was always the one who was making sure we were doing everything right. I know it is hard for him. Raising a child all by his own.

"You can't see him anymore." he says out of nowhere. I sigh and look over the window. We are just a couple of blocks away from our house. I know he is right. "I was so worried, Kylie." he speaks again and squizzes my hand.

***

it's monday and i have a bunch of messages on my phone from Bree and Ashton asking where i am. I also have like 30 messages from Blake. I sigh at the thought of him. I miss him. And i've gotten too attached to him.

I am tired from the hard night in the cell so i decide to go to bed early. That means at eight. I sleep good, without any kind of dreams. Which is good. Really good.

My alarm goes on at seven in the morning and i wake up feeling a little bit better for a change. I dress into light blue jeans and a black elegant pulover that has an open back. I put on my mother's gold necklace and wash my teeth. I don't feel hungry so i just head outside. I notice Blake's silver porsche on the driveway. I sigh and head to face him. It's hard to stay concentrated while looking at his perfect face.

"Hey, babe." he says and gives me a small kiss. I swallow my breath and step into the car.

"We need to talk." i say and he just noods. He starts the car and drives on the street.

"I can't do this." i start, ready to just let it all out. "I know it was nothing, what happened yesterday. But things like that just keep happening and i can't worry about you all the time." he doesn't say a thing, so i don't know what he's thinking. It's driving me crazy but i need to do what i planned on doing from the start.

"I'm sorry." i say when we come to school.

"It's okay." he says, his face cold as ice. When we arrive i step out of the car and head my way to the lockers. That was it? He has nothing to say after i've just broken up with him?

I don't feel anything. I don't feel hurt or sorry or bad.

"Kylie!" Bree shouts when she finally sees me. We hug and then she looks at me with a disapproving look.

"I'm sorry i haven't called you back. I just broke up with Blake." i say immidiately.

"What?" she asks confused. I tell her everything and Ashton joins us on our way to class.

"It isn't my fault, is it?" he asks feeling sorry.

"No, you selfish asshole." i say without really meaning it. Bree hugs me again and tells me that it'll be alright. I believe her. I shouldn't be the one to feel bad. I broke up with him. But i did feel bad. I felt really bad.

School was terrible and i couldn't wait to get home to just cuddle up in my bed and never get out of it again. I didn't know what to do with myself. I tried learning but i couldn't concentrate. I ended up watching Friends all night without even stoping for a second, so i didn't have time to think about what i did. Or to think about Blake.

After a while i fell asleep and in the morning i woke up with my head on my laptop's keyboard and one of my hands in a bowl that was originally meant for popcorn to be in it. Of course popcorn was everywhere except in the bowl.

I barely forced myself to get up and to get dressed.

When i came to school everyone was talking. Gossiping. A few guys even came up to me and started chatting with me. It was awkward as hell. I was trying to avoid places where Blake could have been and i must say i was doing well since i haven't seen him the entire morning.

"It's weird that i haven't seen Blake today." i say eating my lunch in the dining room. Bree stops eating for a second and looks at Ashton.

"What?" i ask with my mouth full.

"Haven't you heard?" Ash asks probably feeling a little uncomfortable since he's the one breaking the news. I shake my head no.

"Blake's at home because he got into a fight yesterday. He sprained his wrist." Bree said. My mouth suddenly opened as i froze in shock.

"Wait." i say. "What?"

"He got drunk and someone said something about you in the club, so he bit the crap out of him and in the process he somehow injured his arm. Some people say he hit the wall." Ash got me into the loop. I swallowed my breath since this was something i certanly didn't expect to happen. And now i felt like it was all my fault.

"I feel sick." i said and stood up from our table. I ran outside on the school yard away from all the people judging me. I don't know for how long i just sat there but i returned to class around one in the afternoon. We had a lesson with our class teacher. She had an important message for us.

"Hello, students!" she greeted us and sat on the table. She was wearing a purple, ankle-lenght pencil skirt, pale green socks, sandals and an ugly black sweater. Sadly she was one of the best dressed teachers in our school.

"We are having a week long educational excursion in the mountains in two days as you all already know." the teacher said and everyone started talking. I didn't really care about those stupid excursions. Most of my classmates were looking forward to it just because it meant drinking and partying every night. It meant walking and horror to me.

"Quiet everyone!" the teacher continued. "You know the rules. No drinking, no smoking and no drugs! You will get a list of things that are required for the trip. It will be a lot of walking so don't you think that you'll have enough energy for partying in the night. And this excursion is mandatory! You will fail my class if you decide not to go without any kind of a good reason." she added and pointed her index finger at us.

"And one more thing." she said and barely spoke loud enough for me to hear her from all the screaming and laughing in the class.

"We will be going with some of the seniors." she said and the school bell rang. Everybody stood up from their chairs.

"Mrs. Winters could you step closer, please." Mrs. Royce said and looked at me. I stood up and walked over to her.

"I can see that your grades aren't as good as they used to be and you also skipped class today. Is there something going on that i should know about?" she asked looking a little bit woried. I shook my head no.

"I skipped class because i felt sick and the grades will get better. I've just been a little distracted lately." i said and walked through the door.

School was over which was good because i felt tired, underslept and still a little bit sick. I wanted to call Blake for a second just to ask him how he was doing but i changed my mind. I was thinking a lot lately and my head hurt almost every day.

The rest of the day i was in the hiking shop tryng to buy all those stupid things that we need for the trip. I was with Bree and Ashton and it was quite fun. We went to get some ice cream later and we talked about how much fun we're going to have on the trip.