5. New guy in the neighborhood?

I really didn’t like the weekends. Especially because I had to listen to Meg complaining and cursing because her head was hurting from the crazy partying that she had every friday night.

I woke up at nine in the morning. I hadn’t slept that long for years. Images from last night were still flashing in my head. I didn’t want to think about them but I still did.

I went down the stairs to the kitchen. My dad was already there and he was reading a newspaper.

“Good morning sunshine.” He said and smiled. He looked like he was in a really good mood. “I made you breakfast.” He added. I look at him surprised. He hasn’t made me breakfast for a long time. I looked at the table and it was full of pancakes. A big smile spread on my face. “Go wake up your sister.” Dad said and put down his newspaper. Well that will be hard, I thought to myself.

“Meg, wake up.” I said and opened the curtains.

“Fuck off.” She murmured and threw a pillow at me.  I rolled my eyes.

“Wake up now!” I said angrily and uncovered her.

“What’s your problem?” she asked.

“Dad made us breakfast.” I said and smiled.

“Yeah right.” She said and went back to sleep.

“Can you just please come to the kitchen?” I asked politely.

“Look sis. I made out with Blake.” She started. “So what. It’s not like he was interested in you.” She continued. I was just standing there without saying a thing. What the hell was she talking about. “Now please stop acting like a little kid and leave me alone.”

I  went out of her room and shut the door behind me. Ugh, I hated my sister so much. I didn’t even care if she made out with that Blake boy. He was an idiot anyway. I helped her yesterday. I stayed awake till three am! I mean I could just tell dad about it. What was she trying to do when she said that she made out with him? Was she trying to make me jealous or something? Yeah right. Like I would be jealous of that. I would rather eat dog poop then make out with Blake.

I put on some jeans and a top and I tied my hair up in a loose ponytail. I went down the stairs pass my dad. “What about breakfast?” he asked from the kitchen.

“I’m sorry.” I said and ran outside. I took a deep breath. I really needed to go for a walk. I went to the park. It was just a couple of minutes away. It was a pretty nice day. I just wished it would started better than it did. I was thinking about what my sister said. Did she think I liked Blake? That would be just funny. Even though I would like him there would be no chance he would like me too. I mean Meg is beautiful but I am just, well me.

“Could you please hold the dog?” I  heard someone say. At first I didn’t think he was talking to me but then I saw a big dog running towards me. I have always loved dogs. When I was little I was always trying to convince my mum into buying me one. But Meg was allergic to them so we couldn’t have it.

I smiled and stooped down. The dog came to me. Not much time later a guy ran to me. He was breathing heavy.

“Thank you.” He gasped. I smiled. He was about the same age as me. I didn’t think I saw him in our school. He was quite good-looking.

“What’s his name?” I asked.

“Ashton.” He said. I looked at him confused. I thought Ashton wasn’t really a name for a dog.

“Oh no wait that’s my name.” he said and smiled a little embarrassed.

 “His name is Oscar.” He said.