3. Once bad, forever bad

KYLIE’s POV

It was finally lunch break. I was walking with Bree who couldn’t wait to know more. “What?” I asked and laughed. She rolled her eyes. “Tell me what happened.” She said impatiently.

“It was nothing really.” I shrugged my shoulders.

“Then why is everyone staring at you?” she asked.

I looked around. “They are not staring at me.” I said like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

“Yes they are Kylie.” She repeated.

They really were staring at me.

“I have to help Blake get better grades.” I said quietly.

“Are you serious? Tristan Blake?” she asked and a big smile appeared on her face. I nodded.

“The hottest guy in school?” she added like it wasn’t enough before. I nodded again.

“Can you please stop?” I asked. “ I don’t want to talk about it.”

“Okay.” Said Bree in disappointment.

I wanted to tell her really but I was still in a bad mood. I didn’t want to take it all on her. We sat on the table and ate. I couldn’t stop thinking about the incident this morning. I wasn’t sorry for what I did but still I didn’t want to end up with Blake for two whole months!

School was over pretty fast. Faster than I thought actually. Faster than I wanted. I went to the classroom where I was supposed to meet with Blake.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I knew he wouldn’t show up. Douche bag. I was just sitting in an empty classroom like an idiot. I grabbed my bag and walked to the door. I was so mad at him.

“Where do you think you are going?” I heard a person say. It was him standing right in front of me blocking my way out.

“Back off.” I said and looked at his eyes. He smirked. Every girl in school would fall on her knees with just one look at that smile. But I just stood there annoyed waiting for him to move.

“It doesn’t work on me.” I said.

He looked at me confused. “What are you talking about?” he asked.

I rolled my eyes. “That stupid smile of yours.” I answered and tried to get pass him.

He laughed. “Oh really. “

“Look,” I stared. “I’ve been waiting here for more than half and hour and you didn’t come.” I said. He looked like he was having fun.

“I’m here now. Could we just get this over with?” he said obviously not enjoying the conversation.

“No.” I replied and crossed my arms on my chest.

“Look nerdy,” I shoot him a glare. He had to offend me all the time. “I won’t get suspended and you won’t tell Mr. Smith that I was late and you will listen to me or you will get in trouble.” he said and closed the door behind him.

“You can’t threaten me.” I said angrily. God I hated that boy so much. What did I do wrong that I had to suffer this much? I knew he was right… He can do anything that he wants to do. He’s a school bad boy. No one will judge him for it. They will admire him even more. But if he and his ‘gang’ come up with something bad about me it could get even worse for me and it would lasted the whole time through high school. I sighed and gave up.

“Good girl.” He said and moved away from the door. We walked in silence to the principal’s office. The way he walked and the way he looked… Well it made almost every girl cry. They were all looking at us when we moved through the hall. Their faces looked shocked and surprised. I smiled at the thought what all must have been going on in their heads. 

“If he asks you something just make it up.” Blake said in my ear. His breath tickled my neck.

“Hello miss Winters, Blake.” Said Mr. Smith. “Please take a seat.” He continued politely. “Now tell me Blake. What were you learning about?” he asked. It was really nice to see Blake in such predicament.

“Well you know… Stuff.” Blake said and shrugged his shoulders.

“What stuff?” principal asked. I smiled. It was just too funny to resist.

“Well you know… Geography.” He finally pulled it together.

“Nice try.” Principal continued with a smile on his face. “You can’t trick me Blake boy.” He said with amusement.

“Can’t I?” Blake answered with mischief in his voice. “I’ve done it a hundred times, haven’t I?” he smirked.

“We have studied algebra and the situation of democracy in 1950.” I said and let out a small breath. Why did I just save him? Blake looked at me like he was about to say: you don’t need to save my ass.

“Next time better come prepared Blake.” The principal said and let us out.

Blake just walked passed me without saying anything at all. “What about a thank you?” I said annoyed.

“Yeah right. For what?” he replied and disappeared behind the corner. What an ass.

“And Kylie,” principal said just when I was about to leave. I looked back at him. “you shouldn’t be lying for him. Just do what I told you to do.” He said. I nodded and went straight home.

“Kylieeeee!” I heard my sister shout just as I walked in. I rolled my eyes. Is the world going to end or something?  Why is she speaking to me?

“Yeah?” I said and walked up to her room.

“Why is the whole school talking about you?” she asked and polished her nails.

“Is it?” I pretended not to know what she’s talking about. “I don’t know.” I said.

“Well you know you can tell me everything, right?” she said all sweet and kind. She was always like that when she needed something.

“Yeah whatever.” I just said and went to my room. 

I was so tired. I lay on my bed and fell asleep in a second. I dreamed about my mom.

I woke up in the middle of the night all sweaty and scared. I had no one to go to or to talk to. I felt so alone. That scared me. It was that weird feeling inside of me. That moment that lasts less than a second but stays inside of you for a long time. That moment when you realize you're just one of a many people on this planet. If you don't make yourself matter and if you don't start enjoying your life, you're missing out so much. And I was missing out so much. After my mum left nothing  was funny for me. Even thought i was very young i had to grow up quickly, i hadn't had time to enjoy or have fun. On the other side my sister had plenty of time to party and to have fun. I was doing all the work in the house and outside the house. She cared for nothing but herself. I sighed. Nothing really mattered right now because i would probably forget everything by the morning.