15. The trip part 1

DAY 1

I woke up at fu**ing five in the morning because our bus left at six. I'm currently sitting on it next to Bree feeling and probably looking like a zombie. I close my eyes to fall asleep again but Bree pokes me in my stomach. I growl from the pain and look at her. She points her head to a group of guys stepping on the next bus. I widen my eyes as i see Blake walking on it too. Holly shit. I thought he wasn't going since he injured his arm. I shrug my shoulders as if it didn't bother me that my ex-boyfriend is going on a trip where we'll be together 24/7. This just so can not be happening.

The journey is long and unbelievable boring. Bree is reading a stupid book for school and i'm just sitting uncomfortably on my seat and looking through the window. I can already see more nature after the two hour long drive. Actually all that i can see are trees. How interesting. I hate trips.

***

"Kylie, wake up!" Bree quietly says and i push her away instinctively.

"Leave me alone." I say and turn around.

"We're here!" I suddenly hear the teacher's voice on the speaker. It's so loud and unexpected that I jump from horror and surprise.

"God!" i scream and sigh. Bree giggles a little and i punch her arm.

I look through the window and i see...nothing? trees... Where am i going to poop and shower?

I grab my suitcase and follow others outside of the bus.

I glance at Blake. He's wearing his sweat pants, a casual T-shirt and a jacket. His hair is messy and i can still feel it sliding through my fingers. His eyes meet mine for a sec and then we both look away. I swallow my breath and concentrate on the teacher.

"Hello, everyone and welcome to our own and very first High Hills hiking trip!" she says and some of the students start clapping.

"We're going to set up tents now. There can be 2 people in one tent and no mixed groups!" she continues and i can here some sighs of annoyance.

"I hope everyone has their own sleeping bag because it looks like it's going to be cold!" she adds and then people start to talk and slowly set into groups.

"Bree, i hope you know how to make a tent or we'll have to sleep under a tree." i say and sigh. Bree giggles and pulls a manual out of her bagpack. Thank god i have Bree.

While she's setting up that stupid tent i take a walk around to see if there is at least a little bit of human civilisation. Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those girls that are afraid to get dirty but i'm so clumsy that i would be more of an obstacle than help if i decided to give Bree a hand in setting up the tent.

As i wonder around my very last scintilla of hope flows away. I'm going to die in this forest and nobody's ever going to find me. I won't even have a funeral, because a bear will attack me and there will be nothing left of me but my clothes. After a while i go back to Bree and to no surprise she's already managed to set up the tent and make us bed.

"Impressive." i say as i walk into a very small tent.

"it's how i roll." she says and we both laugh.

"Do you think we're going to die here?" i ask her.

"With this teacher, probably yes." she says and points at out teacher still trying to figure out how to make the tent stable. And by stable i mean, actually standing up and not lying on the floor as it is at the moment. After some time she finally gives up and our teacher, Mr. Montgomery gives her a hand. In some kind of a weird coincidence, he is even worse in setting up tents than Mrs. Royce is.