Chapter 6

I wake up the next morning to find myself in a bamboo cage. Why did Pan put me in here instead of just killing me?! I think to myself. I look around to find that I'm back in Hangman's Tree. In a cage that doesn't have a lock on it. But, to my disappointment, I discover that it has a rope ingeniously wrapped around where the lock should be. Then, I remember that I can untie this knot...the simple, yet effective, handcuff knot.

It takes me a while, but I finally untie it. As soon as I'm free, I run to the door. I hear someone clear their throat behind me. I turn around and find Peter leaning against the door.

"Think I didn't know that you can easily untie that knot? Please..." he says as he turns me around and twists my wrist. I wince in pain. "That's why I chose to tie it that way. I knew that you would eventually try to escape. I wanted you to watch as I destroy everything you've ever loved. Hope you enjoy it." When he's finished, he conjures a mirror-like portal showing my home with its luscious green trees and beautiful blue sky. But, I also realize that something's completely off. Soon, I notice what it is...there's green smoke coming from the left. I know exactly what it is...the Dark Curse.

"No...Please, Peter..." I softly plead, tears forming in my eyes.

"Aw...resorted to begging and crying now, have we? Pathetic," he says as he shoves me, making me fall to the ground. "Now...you weak little girl...you shall see what I'm truly capable of. How tragic...destined to fall in love with a boy who only used her to get what he wanted. But, don't despair. Your family and friends won't remember a thing. They won't remember ever losing you. In fact," he says with a chuckle. "They won't remember anything about you at all...You can forget about all this, as well. You just have to agree to one small proposal..."

"And what is that, Pan? I have to agree to become your queen and live happily ever after, knowing that my whole life was basically ripped from me? Convincing, but...I'll pass..." I say as I go up to him and rip my heart out of his body. "And, I'll take this back, thank you..."

Peter gasps for breath. "You're making a mistake. You've already lost...in just seconds, everyone will lose their memories and I'll control all of this and more. Soon, that fine green smoke will fill their lungs and fog their brains...and the new Neverland will rise," Pan whispers with a soft chuckle as I walk away.

"Not if I can help it," I hiss as I take my dagger out, push him against the wall, and press the dagger to his throat. "Now, tell me how to stop it, Pan!"

"I'd rather die than help you, you know..." he says, sitting up with a smirk on his face.

"That can be arranged," I say, returning the smirk, as I press the dagger even deeper into his throat, almost drawing blood.

"You've got fire...I like fire. Even so, I'm not going to give in to some girl if she doesn't even have the courage to slit a throat..."

"Push me anymore, Pan, and that's exactly what I'll do," I say, returning the smirk sarcastically.

"You'll have to do better than that. Especially if you want me to talk..." he says. Is this boy trying to make me kill him?! I'd rather not since we shared a kiss- Not this time...I'm not going to fall for his charming little tricks. Behind that facade, I know that there is a heartless monster that I do not want to fall in love with ever again, I think.

"Alright, Peter. I'll give you one more chance...tell me how to reverse this curse...and I won't kill you," I say with a furious look in my eyes as I step a couple of inches closer to him. In response, he simply raises an eyebrow and looks at me as if to say, "There's no way I'm telling you..."