Chapter 11

"Oh, good...you're awake," I hear Pan say. "Let's play..." As soon as he says this, I'm brought to my feet. I realize that I'm back at Hangman's Tree.

"And...why am I alive again?" I ask.

"I've already told...I need you. And, whether you like it or not, you won't kill me...and I won't kill you..." he says with a smirk. "No matter how much torture you go through. You see, I may not be the most...well-behaved boy on the island...but I always keep my promises. And I promised that I would keep you alive, didn't I?"

"You're in love with me, aren't you?" I blurt out with a smirk.

"No. On the contrary, I'd love to kill you, but then I have no competition. This island...someone needs to save it, you know...and, Amber, you're the only one who can. Here. I'll give you a little something to help," he says as he hands me something.

"A blank piece of parchment?" I scoff.

He chuckles. "This, my dear, is a map...it will show you my exact location when you stop denying who you really are..."

"And...who am I, exactly?" I say, raising an eyebrow.

"You'll have to find that out for yourself, love," Pan says with a smirk.

"Fine. But, you and I both know very well, Peter, that I won't be the small, weak girl that you used to know all those months ago..."

"I know. I'm not expecting that out of you, anyway. Trust me, I've seen you fight. I'm ready for whatever you plan on throwing at me," he says with a smirk. I highly doubt that, Peter, I quietly think to myself. "Remember one thing, Little Bird...when we meet again, I will not be merciful...one of us will die eventually...and it's not going to be me," he says as he comes closer to me. "Because, as we both know, Peter Pan never fails."