Chapter 7

After a couple of months in Neverland, I get used to being the leader of the Lost Boys. Felix, of course, continues to be second-in-command. He's still successfully teaching the boys the survival skills they need to know if they're going to survive on Neverland.

I'm currently negotiating a peace treaty with the pirates and the natives. It's actually going well. I'm not doubting that I don't miss Peter, of course...but, it hurts less. I just wish that there could've actually been something between us instead of him just using me for power.

If only he hadn't been the evil, manipulating snake that he was. I might've actually enjoyed my time with him if I didn't know that something was obviously off. The other boys help me get over him. They're all so caring, that it's actually easy. I'm glad that I have friends like them to keep me company.

'Where's Tink?' you ask? She's now helping me improve my magic skills every day. She permanently lives at Hangman's Tree now, and I couldn't be happier about that.

And, I changed the "no leaving the island" rule to "you can leave the island as long as you come back", and I go back to the Mainland now and then to visit my family. Turns out, they were worried sick when I went missing. I'm glad I have the power to visit them.

I can't believe Pan ever got me to think that they didn't care about me while I was gone. I should never have trusted him. Well, now I just have to wait for a new adventure to go on. Hopefully, that happens soon.

Suddenly, while I was daydreaming in Hangman's Tree, I see Felix come running into the room with a worried look on his face.

"Amber! Bad news...Pirates off the coast! They've sailed off from Pirate's Cove and are convinced that you have something they want! I don't know what it is, so don't ask."

As soon as I hear that, I rush out the entryway of Hangman's Tree. When I get to the beach, I see a familiar ship coming towards the shore, the Jolly Roger. I quickly gather the boys together with their weapons.

The pirates dock and storm the beach. The Lost Boys start to fight them. I see a cloaked boy run into the jungle. I run towards him, but that only makes him run faster.

I follow him secretly into the deepest part of the jungle. I nock an arrow into my bow. When I'm about to shoot, the boy quickly puts up his hands in surrender.

"Wait! Don't shoot! I'm just trying to get away from the pirates!" he pleads innocently, but I can see right through him. I immediately recognize the voice. Pan couldn't have come back from the dead, could he? No...I saw Tink disintegrate his body with my own eyes, I think to myself.