Chapter 20

"Well done, Little Bird," he says with an eerie sounding tone. "Will you allow me to accompany you back to Hangman's Tree?" he asks, holding out his hand.

"Of course," I say, emotionlessly. I take his hand and we walk back. The rest of the day passes. Then, everyone goes to sleep...except me. I wait until everyone else is really asleep. Then, I take out a cuff from under my bed. Then, I put it on Peter, carefully trying not to wake him up. The cuff instantly works, draining his power to be able to track me.

Then, when I make sure that I'm undetected, I run out the door. I stop at Tink's tent.

"Amber?" she says groggily. "What happened?"

"I'm leaving, Tink," I whisper.

"Finally got sick of that rat pushing you around?" she asks me with a smirk.

"Yep," I say, returning the smirk.

"You do know that he won't hesitate to come after you once he finds out that you left?" she asks, wide-eyed.

I smirk. "I'm not scared of him anymore," I say.

"Good. You'll need it," she tells me. "Now, get out of here before anybody else finds out."

"Bye," I say with a smile. She hugs me.

"Take care of yourself," she says.

"You know I will," I say with a smile. Then, I leave the camp. I run all the way to the beach. Then, I hop on the dingy that one of the Lost Boys had left there and I cast off.