Chapter 10

When I get up from the floor, I notice that the torches are still unlit. "Ugh...where are you, you sly little snake?" I whisper to myself.

"Try behind you, love..." Pan's voice says in my ear. I quickly swing my dagger in that direction. No one's there.

"I see Tinker Bell has taught you well, Amber. I must say, you're quite quick," Pan snickers above me. "Just...Not. Quick. Enough..."

I feel a slight sting on my left shoulder. I clutch my shoulder in pain. My eyes finally adjust to the darkness that surrounds me. I can see enough crimson smothered on my hand to know that my shoulder's bleeding. I quietly cry out.

"Oh...has the little bird cut her wing?" Peter coos mockingly as he chuckles behind me.

"No...I can take a little blood, Peter," I insist. "But, I'm just not sure you'll be able to when I'm finished."

As soon as I say that, I get up, and I magically turn the torches on. I see Peter standing inches away from me. He comes closer and slowly, but passionately, kisses my lips. I slap him across the face...hard.

"What was that, Peter? Do you think you can just kiss me, and everything will be back to where you want it to be?"

"In a way..." he says with a slight smile as he wipes something from his lips with the back of his hand, leaving a black stain there.

"W-What's that?" I say, my face a little suspicious.

"Oh, it's nothing really...just something I made especially for you..." he says with a smirk. I start to close my eyes. A sleeping potion. "Now, let's have some real fun...because the game is about to get interesting..." he whispers in my ear. Then, I blackout.