Chapter 12

Author's Note:

Merry Christmas!

Sorry for such a long wait for such a short chapter. I recently finished one of my older books, and because of it, I haven't spent much time into making new chapters for this one.

Anyway, enjoy :)

--Greyson's POV--

I push my books away from me with a groan. I've studying for my chemistry test for hours, and I still feel as if I know nothing. Who the hell thought it was a good idea to make three different theorys concerning the reaction of acids and bases? Why isn't one enough?

Giving up, I reach for my phone to text Faye. Two days ago, she volunteered to help me if I asked. Surely she hasn't changed her mind.

Hey, are you free? Chemistry is a pain in my butt :/ - G

Before I can put my phone back in my pocket, I recieve a reply.

Yes. When and where do you want help? - F

In an hour, at the library? - G

Sounds good to me. See you there - F

I put my phone on the desk before standing up and stretching. I had decided to start off this Saturday productively by getting all of my badly needed studying done. I had the hunch that I'd never succeed in this task since I'm incapable of ever completing my goals.

To pass the time, I decide to take a shower. I heard somewhere that your best thoughts are born while showering. Hopefully this will help me come up with a better plan than smoothly slipping hints to Faye that she can leave her body and that she knew me once before while physically in a coma.

The hot water is somewhat painful on my face as it's still bruised from when Josh punched me and nearly broke my nose. I went to the hospital to get it checked out, but they told me it would be fine in a couple of weeks. The worst part was explaining it to my parents. Generally, I lied. I told them I fell down a few stairs at school and hit my head on the rail. I don't think they actually believed me, but they didn't question my story.

The shower, which birthed only pain and no helpful thoughts, only takes ten minues, leaving another fourty - excluding ten for travel - I have left until the study session.

I head down to the kitchen to make some brunch as I had ignored my growling stomach all morning. As I pour and eat a large bowl of cereal, I turn on the TV - which can be seen in the living room from the kitchen table - and watch whatever my parents happened to have left on; the News Channel. I don't find myself watching the News often, but today I feel like catching up with what's going on with the rest of the world. As far as I can tell, nothing important. The same few stories repeat themselves, leaving me bored as hell.

When I finish, I put my dishes in the dishwasher then return to my room. As I pack my bag, the leather-bound book catches my eye. There isn't really a point in bringing it with me, but it wouldn't hurt anyone if I did. I push it into my bag before zipping it up.

I still have lots of time, but I decide to waste the time driving aimelessly around town. I grab my keys and wallet before walking out to my car, the only one in the driveway. My parents have already left for important work meetings - no surprise there. I'd make the bet that they value their jobs more than their lives any day.

I turn on the stereo as I pull out of the driveway and drive in the direction of the library. From the looks of the fuel gauge, I have to get gas soon. I'll run dry before I make it to the library, and I'm not in the mood to call a tow truck.