Chapter 3

--Faye's POV--

“Faye?” Greyson said again, clearly mystified. His thick eyebrows were pulled together in confusion, his grey–green eyes wide and staring at me intently, as if trying to prove to himself that I was actually here.

I just stared back in shock. I wasn't shocked that the car had went through me, but that Greyson had saw it. Explaining this was either going to be a lot easier or a lot harder.

“Did...did I see that right? The car went through you! Please tell me that I'm seeing things.” He said shakily.

“I, uh...” I stopped, not knowing what to say.

Greyson rubbed his eyes with his hands and groaned.

“Maybe I didn't get enough sleep...” He pondered, his hands still covering his eyes.

I walked over to stand in front of him. “Greyson.”

He removed his hands and looked down at me. I took a deep breath.

“You weren't hallucinating.”

“But that car should have hit you. You were right in front of it.” He said gesturing towards where I had been standing.

“Yeah, I was.”

“But I didn't see you move-”

“That's because I didn't.”

“Then-” I took another deep breath and plunged my arm, up to my elbow, into the car on my right. Greyson stopped talking and stared at my arm. It was emerging halfway out of the car's trunk. There was no way he couldn't believe what he was seeing. He stared at my arm in silence for a good minute. I then pulled it back out and looked at my feet, not meeting his eye.

“What...the hell? What are you?” He asked, nearly whispering.

“I don't know.”

“Are you even real? I have to be going mad-”

“No, you're not mad.” I snapped. “I'm Faye Williams. I've been going to this school since the eighth grade. I live in this town with my parents. I'm a real person.”

“The why can you do that?” He asked, pointing to the car I had previously had my arm in. I sighed. This was it, the one chance I had for him to help.

“A few days ago, I was in a car crash. It knocked me out. When I woke up, I was staring at my own unconscious body. No body could see me, touch me, or hear me. Nobody except-”

“Me.” He finished.

“Yeah.” I let out a breath I wasn't aware I was holding.