Chapter 19

Chapter 19-Coma

  Three weeks had gone by since the accident .   John had been at the Liberty medical center recovering from his injuries and waiting for his daughter to wake up.  Sarah had been in a deep coma with no response.  She was alive but not awake.  There was not much hope for Sarah.  John was devastated. 

    The flapping of wings had startled him, John knew it was Chase. John could not find any happiness since the accident and Chase was no exception.  "I know how to get Sarah out of her coma".  Finally making eye contact John said "what are you waiting for?  Get in there and help my daughter!" Chase nodded and disappeared.  John wiped the tears from his face.

    Sarah's lifeless body laid in bed as her friend brushed her hair.  Sarah couldn't move her body or speak but she heard a faint whisper inside her head. "Sarah you need to wake up!"   Unable to move, Sarah whispered back "I am awake, I can't move! It is so dark, help me Chase!"  "Sarah, go to the light, turn around and walk towards the light, follow my voice!"

   Sarah followed the voice which started to fade.  Beep...beep.... she was getting closer to the noise and the darkness was fading fast.   Sarah heard her Dad's voice "Sarah, Sarah, please wake up!"    Her eyes opened to see her Dad smiling.  Nurse's and Doctors flooded her room.  "It's a miracle! " someone exclaimed.  

      The Hospital kept Sarah in the hospital for testing and observation for another 2 days.  She had made a full recovery.  Although the Hospital Staff couldn't explain her quick recovery, John and Sarah knew it was because of Chase.   "Where is Chase anyway?"  she asked.  "I'm right here Sarah, I'm glad you're going to be okay."  "Me too" said John as he lightly kissed her forehead.  "Dad, I want to go home" she said, "soon" said her Dad.  "Thank you Chase for everything", said John.  Chase nodded, "I have to leave for a bit, there are some Angels that need my help, you're in good hands here, but I'll see you later."  Chase disappeared and the Andersons, headed home 24 hours later.