Ivy Rhodes much unanticipated return

Dedicated to this reader because she has always commented on my stories!!! Thank you!

=D Leave me a comment, or give me a vote... Tell me how you like this story so far.... =)

“Ivy’s back!” Julian literally screamed in her ear.

 The heiress was holding the phone an arm’s length away, and could still hear her best friend screeching. He was that loud.

Ivy Rhodes was Pristine Fields and Johnny Rhodes only daughter, the famous duo who were renowned for their rock band; The Crisis. The two astounding rockers were in their late fifties but still managed to rock out amazing anthems that topped the charts within three weeks of its release.

Pristine knew Arielle’s mother since their diaper years, and apparently they were childhood friends that never grew apart.

Ivy was a beautiful girl with startling gray eyes, but the one thing the starlet liked the most, was frequent new hairstyles. From black to blonde, or red to brown, Ivy Rhodes was one daring female. The last time Arielle saw her, she was holding up a blunt jagged haircut that fell right below her shoulders, but knowing Ivy, now she would look completely different.

“Apparently, she hooked up with a lot of Spanish boys. Oh my god, I am so jea-lous!” Julian squealed.

Arielle placed her Samsung mobile on the handset holder, there was no need to press loudspeaker, since Julian was already loud enough. Pressing the button to her left, Arielle leant back, as the roof of her Porsche automatically retracted.

“Are you even listening, Ari?” Julian asked, with a hint of annoyance.

“Yes, of course.” She replied, and started to reverse out of the circular driveway.

Ivy was also one of Arielle’s close friends, but nowhere as close as Julian. Besides, Pristine’s daughter was four years younger than her, at seventeen years. That meant she was still at the age of constantly fussing over boys and clothes, and frankly, Ivy was as superficial as a Botox addict, which was saying a lot.

“Spanish guys aren’t that great.”The 21 year old added. She was being completely honest, their constant obnoxiousness and arrogance turned her off, actually.

Remembering someone with the same personality trait in particular, Arielle suppressed a shudder.

“That’s just because you go to Spain every year.” Julian stated in an envious tone.

She chuckled at his comment, because it was true. The Billings did go to Barcelona every year, just so they could relax in their spacious Spanish Villa with a dozen maids.

But then, they also went to the Caribbean’s, Hawaii, Venezuela, and Costa Rica too. After all, the Billings did have numerous properties around the globe.

“You go to Switzerland every month.” Arielle pointed out.

“But that’s only because my mother wants to visit my twelve year old sister in boarding school.” Julian sulked.

Mrs Meyers was a lonely woman who clearly loved her daughter more than her only son. So since his teenage years, Julian had been deprived, not of money but of motherly love. Thus it was no secret that Julian was secretly jealous of his own sister.

He was always brooding at the departure gates in the airport, but once he saw the adorable blonde, he would immediately brighten up, and when it was time to go home, he would sulk again, but for a completely different reason.

It was an endless cycle, and why Arielle knew about this; is because she had gone with him once before. Julian had literally begged her to go, but once they were in Switzerland, he had gone off to play with his lovely little sister, and had forgotten all about his best friend, leaving her to bond with their dog.

Well Ashwood was one cute dog, she concluded.

‘Anyway, you’re going there to meet her now, right? Miss I’m-uninterested?” He shook her out of her thoughts with dead accuracy.

“I swear I can’t keep anything from you, what are you, a creepy Psychic?” Arielle smiled, stopping at a red light. The fat Taxi driver gave her a suggestive wink when she turned around. Oh Gross.

“No, I actually like the title of Best Friend better.” Julian said in a solemn tone.

“Well I don’t.” The heiress joked.

“Ouch, I’m hurt – wait, I can see you.” He suddenly chortled, and beeped his horn.

 Arielle pulled up outside a large set of imposing sharp iron gates, and saw a Dark Blue Mercedes relentlessly tooting.

“Julian, I think you stop now.” Arielle laughed.

“No thanks, don’t ruin my fun.” Julian retorted cheerfully.

“Alright, but I think that’s Mr Vaughn coming out now.” She added, glancing at the red faced man who was heading in her best friend’s direction.

“Oh shit!” He gasped.

Mr and Mrs Vaughn were a grumpy old couple, who had successfully invested in a catering business company. But they had long sold their shares, and were now residing in one of the richest suburbs in New York. And as fate would put it, it was right where the Rhodes lived.

Arielle Billings watched in utter hilarity, as her best friend was chided in front of her. Mr Vaughn resembled a live Muppet show, with rosy cheeks and exaggerated hand gestures, while poor Julian looked like he was shrinking by the second.

Seeing that the old man wasn’t going to stop anytime soon, Arielle got out of her convertible, and strode over to the cantankerous bloke. “Mr Vaughn, “she interrupted.

The spiteful chap turned around, and his expression did a complete 180⁰; because suddenly he was all smiles. “Miss Billings, what a pleasure!” He beamed, his squinty little eyes nearly disappearing in the process.

“If you don’t mind, Julian and I need to get going. Our friend; Ivy is waiting for us.” She explained nicely. What she really wanted, was to crack some dry bones.

“Well of course, couldn’t hold up Mr Billing’s granddaughter now, could we? We were just having a friendly chat.” He added unnecessarily, and then clapped Julian on the back loudly.

Arielle didn’t miss the warning look the old man shot her best friend, before he left. She resisted the urge to laugh at him; did he think she was that daft? Those old hooters annoyed her the most, regardless of their pitiful age, and weak joints.

Just because they’re old, doesn’t mean they can walk around with a stick up their ass. Not in literal sense, Arielle thought, scrunching up her nose.