Chapter 9

Taryn dragged her body up the stairs, her bear directly dragging after her. She changed into her pjs and got ready for bed. She plopped herself down trying to drown in her bed. She was stuck in her own thoughts. Her mind screamed things like, “you are a freak !” “You don’t have any friends now” “Your own mind is turning on you and making you drenched in pure fright.”

     Taryn didn’t fall asleep that night instead she stayed up trapped in unforgiving thoughts that clouded her mind. Once again she grabbed her running stuff and threw it on and went for a run. It was so late, but the stars were shining so bright.

     She was running through the field until she hit the town. She ran through the streets, trying to forget everything that her mind was trying to put in to her head. She heard a girls scream coming from a house. Taryns eyes opened wider. She realized that this was the same house from her dreams.

     She couldn’t resist going into the old tattered house. A large ghostly figure appeared. Taryn ran faster and faster as her legs carried her down the hallway and through a series of rooms. Taryn had thrown off the large figure a few rooms and halls back.

     She slid down the wall and was staring at the torn up striped wallpaper and a broken mirror. She turned her head and saw a small girl scared out of her mind. She asked the girl what was wrong. Even though Taryn knew what had happened she still listened contently to make sure her dream and the girl’s story lined up, they did.

     Taryns hair was knotted along with the little girl, Jessica’s. They were both out of breath and weren’t speaking. Taryn looked over at Jessica and started reiterating her plan to escape; only this time she told Jessica to stay by her.

     Jessica and Taryn ran down the many hallways and through many rooms. They finally saw the night sky. The girls excelled their bodies forward in a, last leg of the race, kind of way. The icy cold fingers locked around Taryn, and that’s when Jessica’s scream curdled in the back of Taryns mind.

     Except the scream never came, but instead the hands were on Taryn and Jessica was running, and there was nothing Taryn could do to get out of the grasp.