Chapter 21

~Rylie~

I opened my eyes to bright lights, and a woman standing over me.

"Mrs. Hemmings?" She asked. "Hi, I'm your nurse, Jenny. We've gotten ahold of your friend, Jade. She's on her way right now."

"Thank you." I said. "What happened?"

"You were in a bad wreck. You were hit by a drunk driver, and he was killed on impact. You are definitely lucky that you weren't killed." She sighed. "Okay, well, I'll let you get some rest..."

***

"Ry?" Jade said, running in. "Oh my god. You really need to stop getting into wrecks..."

"Please tell me that you didn't tell Luke..." I said.

"I didn't tell him. But I did bring someone with me.." She said. Paige walked in, with tears streaming down her face.

"Mum! Are you okay?" She asked running over to the bed.

"I'm fine, baby girl." I smiled, kissing the top of her head.

Jenny came back in my room. "So, the doctor said that you can leave. We got some of the things out of your car. Your suitcase, and a thing of CDs... But everything else was destroyed. Your car was totaled, and they towed it to a scrap yard. They said there was no fixing it. Stay safe, though. I don't want to have to see you again...in the nicest way possible." She laughed.

"Thank you." I said. She told me that the things were siting outside of the room.

"Oh, and here's your wedding ring. Don't want to forget that... It's gorgeous." She smiled.

"Thank you. It looks good for being 14 years old." I giggled. She left us alone again, and I changed clothes.

***
*2 months later*

Luke and I haven't really fixed everything yet. He's been staying at Liz's house, so I could stay at out house with the kids. Almost 2 weeks ago, Paige turned 16, and she got her driver's license.

I was sitting on the bed, reading a book on my old kindle that I was shocked still worked. I was reading an old book that I haven't read since Luke and I got together. After by Anna Todd. I heard a knock at the door, and I locked the kindle. Paige walked in, and sat down next to me on the bed.

"Have you been crying?" I asked worriedly.

She slightly nodded. "I need to tell you something. And you have to promos me that you won't hate me..."

"I could never hate you, baby girl." I said. "Now tell me what's up.."

"So...the night of my 16th... Kol and I kind of...um, had sex..." She sighed.

"What?" I asked. "Paige..."

"Hang on.. That wasn't the first time that we've done that. Which you've known... But this time... There was a different outcome." She started. "Well, I've been throwing up the past week, and I was too scared to take a pregnancy test, and I took like 5 today... Mum, I'm pregnant." She sobbed.  I scooted over next to her, and pulled her into a hug.  "Do you hate me?" She asked.

"No, of course not baby..." I smiled. "But we need to tell your father. Does Kol know?"  She shook her head. "Well, I'll call your father, and you call Kol. Let's meet at Jade's house as soon as we can."

I grabbed my phone off the bedside table, and dialed Luke's number.

"Rylie?" He answered.

"Hey, Luke... We need you to meet us at Jade's house, okay? Don't ask questions, you'll find out soon enough. It's about Paige and its urgent."

***

"Is my baby okay?" Luke asked, running in.

I actually haven't seen Luke in about a month and a half, and he looks so different. He cut his hair, and had some stubble. He looks good... I miss him so much...

"I need to tell you all something." Paige said, standing up in front of the tv. "Some of you might not like it, but it's happening."  She took a deep breath. "I'm pregnant..." She said, and tears started running down her cheeks.

Kol stood up, and walked over to her... "......

Ooooooooh cliffhanger... What's Kol gonna say? The world may never know..