Chapter 35

~Rylie~

I walked up the stairs to the house, and unlocked the front door.

"Hey babe, where did you go?" Luke asked, wrapping his arms around me.

"I just went out for a few. Needed to do some things.." I sighed.

"Something bothering you?" He asked.

I shook my head. "No, I just needed to clear my mind. Tomorrow will mark the one year anniversary of moms death.. And it's really getting to me.."

"Has it really been a year? So much has happened since then, it's so weird..." He sighed, and kissed my forehead. "I'm sorry babe. I love you.."

"I love you, too..."

We walked over to the couch, and he pulled me onto his lap. "Jade stopped by earlier, she wanted to see Kol and Saylor."

She's home? Why wouldn't she tell me? "I haven't talked to her. I didn't even know that she was back!" I stood up and grabbed my keys.

***

"Hey, Ry! I'm home!" Jade said, pulling me inside.

"Thanks for telling your best friend that you are back!" I rolled my eyes.

"Are you okay? You seen really tense.." She asked worriedly.

I shook my head. "No, I'm not okay... Tomorrow it'll be one year since mom passed. My daughter just had a baby. My best friend just had a baby. I'm a fucking grandmother... Everything is just weighing on me and it fucking sucks. And now everything about Luke and Arzaylea is coming back..AGAIN.." I felt a tear slide down my cheek.

"Rylie, calm down.. Do you want a drink?" Jade asked me.

"Please." I sat down on their couch, and Jade brought me a small glass.

"Good ole Jack Daniels for you.." She laughed.

I took a sip, and laid back against the seat. "Thanks, Jade. I'm so stressed about everything. It's so unreal." I quickly drank what was left of the glass and stood up. "I need to go home."

"Are you sure you're okay to drive?" She asked.

I nodded. "I didn't drink too much..."

When I got home, I went straight upstairs and laid down on the bed. Luke came after me, and kissed my forehead. "Ry? Have you been drinking?"

"I had a little something at Jade's.. It wasn't a lot.. Don't worry about me.." I spat.

"Well, excuse me for worrying about my wife! Rylie, you can't just drink away your problems! I care about you too much to just sit back and watch your throw your life away." He said. "I just can't.." His eyes swelled up with tears, and one slid down his cheek.

"Luke, I'm not going to be a drunk... I had one drink, that's all. I promise."

"One drink can turn into more... Don't drink. Especially since there are two new babies in this family..."

"I won't drink. I promise. I love you." I smiled.

"I love you, too..." Luke said and kissed the top of my nose. "So much."